GS100 Batteries/Step Down Converters? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old February 17th, 2004, 07:42 AM   #1
New Boot

GS100 Batteries/Step Down Converters?

I plan on buying a GS100 and was curious about the situation with charging the batteries. I have some experience with using Japanese electronics in the USA since I own a Sony WV-DR7 DV/S-VHS Deck. The deck came with a step down converter since American electricity runs at 110 volts and Japanese at only 100 volts. So given this, a Japanese electic clock would run faster in the US without the adapter. So is everyone using adapters or not? To make it more confusing, I've also been told that the difference of 10 volts is so small that American electricity still falls within the safe operating range of most Japanese electronics and may only decrease the electonics lifespan by a month or two or a 5 or 10 year lifetime. Any thoughts?
Chad Kappeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2004, 08:17 AM   #2
Wrangler

Chad I'll have to check my GS100 when I get home but I have a Compaq laptop beside me and its AC adapter is 100-240v 50-60Hz.

I'm about 95% sure that the GS100 adapter is the same and you'll be fine.

I think most any laptop, camera, or camcorder with a brick style AC adapter meets the above specs and the only thing you would have to do is change the plug in some parts of the world.

Have fun, bring light!
Tommy Haupfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2004, 08:18 AM   #3
New Boot

Hi

Just to clear a few things up....

As far as I know, any electric clock will only measure the number of Hz per second to measure time....I don't think it matters if 100v or 110v....I think they both @ 60Hz....where is where I am from, the PAL country, everything is 50Hz......

As far as the component concern, most consumer electronics will happy to tolerate a 5~10% difference in electricity so it should not be a problem...(Well....I think most domestic electricity level fluctuates anyway, if you do put a accurate volt meter and measure it across number of hours you will see them going up and down like a yoyo...)

Hope this answer your question
Old February 17th, 2004, 09:17 AM   #4
Major Player

Chad, the charger/AC adapter of the GS100 is auto-volt, rated 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz. It's made in China by the way, but who cares now.

Plug type of Japan and the US are identical so you dont even need a plug adapter.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant