WooHoooo!!!! Last Black Mamba from PJ's now in my hands!!!!!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old March 5th, 2004, 09:32 PM   #1
Major Player

WooHoooo!!!! Last Black Mamba from PJ's now in my hands!!!!!!!

Well, it's here, i picked it up from DHL about twenty minutes ago, i had to walk and take a bus thru the WORST neighbourhood in North America to get it, the downtown-eastside... I was totally sketched carrying this thing in my backpack. Anyways i made it, i ordered silver but i was sent black and i must say, i'm glad!!!! Black is teh s3xy!!!!

I'll post some material once i start shootin'.

This thing is soooo tiny!!!!

T.
Tavis Shaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2004, 12:18 AM   #2
Outer Circle

Quote:
WooHoooo!!!! Last Black Mamba from PJ's now in my hands!!!!!!!
...until they re-start its production. Good to hear!
Quote:
the WORST neighbourhood in North America to get it, the downtown-eastside.
I like to take pictures in that neighbourhood, and eat for cheap at Main & Hastings, after I work out in the basement gym. There's a nice view from the cafeteria---$2.50 for a full meal. Oh, and I take pictures in there too.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2004, 02:15 AM   #3
Major Player

yeah there are some really great pictures to be had down there, i don't feel as sketched with a small digital still, but a slightly bigger, more expensive mini-dv makes me a little uneasy.

Now to tackle the Japanese menus...
Old March 6th, 2004, 02:17 AM   #4
Major Player

Strangely i didn't have to pay any gst or duty or brokerage or anyhting like that...
Old March 6th, 2004, 02:27 AM   #5
Outer Circle

Quote:
Strangely i didn't have to pay any gst or duty or brokerage or anyhting like that.
Huh? Who was you're shipper. I'll have to keep him in mind. They still might send you a bill. I had that happen to me one time with UPS.
Old March 6th, 2004, 02:35 AM   #6
Major Player

it was DHL, i talked to one fellow on the phone who said that they'd invoice me for that type of stuff, but then i talked to a girl there that said they wouldn't release the item to me before i payed any duty or gst that was owing, so i'm not exactly sure.

Made good time from Japan tho, the money reached them on wednesday and i got the cam today, that's better time from japan than i've ever had from the US using UPS.
Old March 6th, 2004, 02:53 AM   #7
Outer Circle

DHL. Never heard of them. Perhaps you'll stay lucky (not getting dinged). Have you tried it yet?
Old March 6th, 2004, 03:14 AM   #8
Major Player

yeah i've been messin around a little. It's a little too dim in my apt to get a good idea of it's full capabilities, but i love procinema mode, it really does have a filmic quality to it.
It's no problem capturing from it, just hook the firewire to my audigy card and xp asks if i want Vegas to capture video.

Here's a crappy divx encode of me and my messy ass kitchen...

http://members.shaw.ca/tshaver/gs100testdivx.avi
Old March 6th, 2004, 06:53 AM   #9
Major Player

Frank,
DHL was doing international delivery long before UPS, Fed Ex or any of the other newbies. When I worked overseas, the term "DHL" meant shipping or receiving something from another country and was way faster than regular mail.

Nick
Nick Kerpchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2004, 10:19 AM   #10
Major Player

beware the DHL. They will bill you later and if you don't pay immediately, send you to a collection agency.
Old March 6th, 2004, 02:22 PM   #11
Outer Circle

Thanks, Nick.

Michael, in Canada it doesn't always work like that. Revenue Canada isn't like the IRS. :-))
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant