AG-DVC30 16:9 Mode? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old April 8th, 2004, 12:51 PM   #1
New Boot

AG-DVC30 16:9 Mode?

I've seen the DVC30 in real life yesterday and it looked like a fairly solid piece of equipment (I hope the magnesium case will make it more rugged than most prosumer camcorders).

Does anybody know what the 16:9 mode(s) is (are) on this camcorder?

Looking at the Pansonic brochure it appears that there is some sort of anamorphic squeeze going on whereby the LCD picture is squished but I'm hoping the playback is normal 16:9.

Good 16:9 recording in a wide aspect as opposed to cropping a 4:3 image (at the risk of some vertical smearing if not careful) is one reason that I may favour the Sony PDX10 (slightly more expensive but comes with a mic and XLR adapter box I believe so the total cost would be similar if I buy those accessories for the DVC30).

Thanks in Advance
Don
Don Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 01:02 PM   #2
Major Player

It is anamorphic squeeze, but not without resolution loss. Camcorderinfo.com just posted a PDX10 review that compares it to the DVC30...interesting read.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 06:16 PM   #3
Outer Circle

This cam doesn't have the CCD pixels to get the "true" anamorphic. You'll need an anamorphic adaptor for this...which may not be a bad thing.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant