underwater/all-weather housing for GS100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old April 5th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

underwater/all-weather housing for GS100

Anybody know where to get one of the OEM plastic housings that were available awhile back? I want it for weather protection, not for underwater use. Anybody have any experience with one of these things?

Thanks,

Peter
Peter Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2004, 09:40 PM   #2
Major Player

http://www.ewamarine.com/index.htm
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2004, 06:15 AM   #3
New Boot

Hello Peter,

You may want to contact Allan Rojoso. Allan in a contributor to DVInfo.net and deserves a shot at your business. Frank Granovski lists his contact information under Cam Buying Contacts. You may also wish to contact PriceJapan.com for availability of the Panasonic SPGS100 Underwater Housing for the GS100K. I understand they are about $278.00 plus shipping. Both of these contacts are well respected by other members of DVInfo.net.
Brian Kirkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2004, 12:50 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Brian. Price Japan can get them. I am trying Allan. Know anybody who has used one?
Old April 6th, 2004, 02:09 PM   #5
New Boot

You are most welcome Peter,

I have seen a couple listed for sale by other DVInfo.net members. It was quite some time ago (January?). If you look; you may find one available hopefully for a nice deal. I would definitely stay with the Panasonic Original Housing since it was specifically designed for the GS100K. If I see one; I will drop a note to you. You could post a WTB message in the Classified Listings. You may find one float to the surface (excuse the pun). Good luck.

Brian
Old April 6th, 2004, 02:21 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Brian,

Good idea. I put a note in the WTB section. I don't see any of these currently listed there.

Peter
Old April 6th, 2004, 03:52 PM   #7
Major Player

I got that housing for members Mike Cecotka and Paul Martin. Try to email them to know how it performs.

If I remember correctly, Mike wanted to sell his black mamba and various accessories.

I'll email you later.

Cheers
Allan
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2004, 07:00 PM   #8
New Boot

Hello Peter,

Good luck on the WTB listing. I hope you locate the housing from one of the DVi Community members.

Hello Allan,

Now that is customer support! I was aware you could source one for Peter. I never dreamed you would refer him to someone who had purchased one from you. I hope others realize your support continues long after you provide products. Here is an idea for a Web Site name for your activities. AboveandBeyondService.com

Wishing you all the success you dererve.

Respectfully,

Brian
Old April 8th, 2004, 02:37 PM   #9
New Boot

I have one and I love it!

I used it on a couple of snowboarding trips this year, it worked great except the fact that when I have the large batt in the camera it pops off sometimes.

Also tried it in the ocean taping some surfer friends of mine and no water leaks at all...

The only thing a would warn you with is these things:

The Batt seems to pop off the camera now and then.

Also its kinda hard to see what your filming with very bright light outside.

Hope this helps...

I Love the housing....
Max Ancar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 04:10 PM   #10
Regular Crew

You folks are just wonderful! What a forum!
Peter Warren is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant