Just received my GS400 today - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old August 2nd, 2004, 12:01 PM   #16
Major Player

Have you considered just buying one of the mikes made for the gs100/400? I have the stereo zoom mike and like it a lot. One extra benefit is that it attaches directly to my gs100 (would do the same w/the 400) and when you invoke "low cut" on the menu, the wind noise just about disappears. Probably not the greatest solution for professional productions, but a lot lighter (and cheaper) than the set-up you're talking about.

Joe Carney - it's supervideo.com. But you may want to contact Allan Rejoso, who lives in Japan and posts to this forum, about the gs400 first. The price of the gs400 Japan version seems to be dropping a few dollars every day, though that of the accessories will probably remain fairly stable. Anyway, depending on what configuration you're interested in, Allan can probably help you out and you would get the benefit of the current price drops.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 12:05 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Thanks Patricia. I was more interested in the audio gear he is getting. I already have an MX500. Not sure if I want to get the GS400 based on reviews so far.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 01:24 PM   #18
Major Player

Oops, sorry. I think I may need to go back to Evelyn Woods.
Patricia Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 04:15 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
The only problem I had was wind noise on the mic. I am trying to solve that problem right now by going through videogear.com and getting the XLR adapter, the shotgun mic with L bracket, a sunheiser wireless mic, and a samon (sp?) mic, and an aluminum camera case.
My quick and surprisingly effective fix to wind noise (when pionting and shooting) is to use my left hand to sheild the inbuilt mike by cupping it over the camera.

It doesn't make much perceptable difference to the sound you're trying to pick up but it sure eliminates the wind noise.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant