Pal GS 400, NTSC reproduction? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old September 17th, 2004, 01:06 AM   #16
Outer Circle

No, I meant uploading PAL say from a NTSC cam or deck. In most cases it can't be done; and some NLE is only geared for either PAL or NTSC.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 01:25 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Yes, unfortunately this "uploading" seems only possible on some Sonys so far, although to my understanding it shouldn't be a big deal for all DV camcorders (PAL/NTSC) to play back and digitally output the respectively other format. I guess it's just blocked in the EEPROM for some reason.
Recording in the cam is another issue, but again to my understanding technically it should be also possible to record PAL and NTSC data streams via Firewire on any camcorder, as the cam doesn't have to do any coding. It just works as a tape streamer somehow and the actual PAL or NTSC specific camera part is not used, right?

I personally never used any NLE that is only PAL or NTSC specific, but might be possible this exists. ;)
Andreas Winkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 08:03 AM   #18
Trustee

NLEs are not system specific, but you can't mix NTSC or PAL data on the same job.

The person that provided that information was talking about Sony cameras, professional and prosumer types. The PC110 is probably dual system and is not a pro type, and there probably are lots of compromised involved in its design.

When I have the time I will talk with my friend more extensively about this and get back here. He is a video professional working on a very production company, so he does know what he is talking about.

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant