My MX3000 is on the way!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant

Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant
...and other Panasonic DV camcorders.

Old November 27th, 2002, 11:16 PM   #1
New Boot

My MX3000 is on the way!!

My MX3000 is on the way and should be here shortly. It just cleared customs in San Francisco this morning according to the USPS webswite. If I could, I would drive down there tonight and pick it up. Then I could give thanks all day tomorrow for such an exquisite electronic device.

Holidays always throw the Postal system off. I hope it makes it here on Friday for the weekend. It would be a shame to get it Monday and have 14 hours of hard labor ahead of me before I could play.

Tim Selander will ship the tripod, filter kit, and rubber lens hood later when the shop gets the order in. Way to go Tim!!!

To let everyone know, Tim just had a death in the family. His mother-in-law just passed away and they had the funeral for her this week. So for those that pray, keep him and his family in your prayers. Death is a tough thing. Despite this tragedy, he was very speedy with my order and maintained a high level of professionalism. Thank you Tim!!!

Does anyone know if the remote on the tripod for the MX3000 will work with the DVX100, or perhaps the wired remote that comes with the MX5000?
Thanks.
Chad K. Scowcroft
KalynScowcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2002, 12:04 AM   #2
Outer Circle

Hey, great! Now you belong to, `~ThE`~`CuLT`~`oF`~`tHe`~`Mx3o00`~` !

I can't answer your tripod question. Terrence can, but he's stuck in the jungle somewhere shooting. He just managed to e-mail me this morning, though.

I'm sorry to hear about Tim's mother-in-law. I'll have to sent him an e-mail.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2002, 10:58 PM   #3
New Boot

I've got it!!

Well, I've had my MX3000 for a while now and love it. I did notice the reds seem to be a little oversaturated. I taped bright red flowers and noticed a lot of 'bleeding' on the edges. Is this common with the MX3000?? It also did not pick up the details within the red flower like it did the other flowers. Any thoughts?

I love how close you can get with this camera. It is like having a macro lens on. I could never get close with my TRV900 like I can with my MX.

Chad K
KalynScowcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2002, 11:16 PM   #4
Outer Circle

Perhaps the bleeding is caused by out of focus shooting? Close down the iris and focus manually, perhaps.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2002, 12:21 AM   #5
Outer Circle

It might also be because of this:

"Do not cover the White Balance Sensor with your hand during recording..." It will change the color.

Or this:

"Outside of the effective range of Automatic White Balance Adjustment, the image will become redish...in this case adjust the White Balance."
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant > Panasonic DV / MX / GS series Assistant