dvx issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old September 28th, 2003, 12:11 AM   #1
Skyonic New York

dvx issue

as a long time xl1 user i got a dvx to try it out, after months of sitting on the shelf with no use i finally gave it a go on a project this weekend...i could probably write up a book of what i like and dislike but here is my issue

the camera holding strap is attached to the camera tape door, the door is overly sensitive one pitter patter and you are done, the no tape error message shows up, even in the middle of shooting but worst when it happens just before you turn the camera off and then back on to the pleaseant red blinker...

it took me about an hour to figure out what was going on, mind you i was in a shoot...

anyway i wanted to know if others also have this overly sensitive tape door issue, for me it make the camera un-usable handheld...
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2003, 12:55 AM   #2
Outer Circle

I only played with a DVX a couple of times and I could not find fault with holding the cam (with the strap) while the tape was rolling.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2003, 12:49 PM   #3
Trustee

I haven't noticed any problem such as you've described, but I usually have my cam on some sort of support.

Barry
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2003, 03:00 PM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

I've shot some handheld events for four and six hours at a time, and never had an issue with the handle/tape door.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2003, 03:11 PM   #5
Major Player

That's (sonewhat) surprising. I had considered this before purchasing the DVC80, but didn't foresee it being a problem.

On the DVC80, the tape door is mechanically separate from the tape trap -- if you remove the battery and pop the tape release button, the outer door opens, but the trap remains closed. I wouldn't think that any weight/vibration/pressure on the protective outer door would cause any problems to the tape. But, phew, would that be a design flaw.

Knock on wood, I haven't had this problem yet. Perhaps it was unfortunately juat a problem with the one you got.
John Britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2003, 07:45 AM   #6
Inner Circle

i dont ahve any issues, in fact, its probably one the most ergonomical cams iver ever had the pleasure of owning.

i can run with the cam and my footage is rock solid... sometimes i hold the cam up and run or walk, other times i use the shoulder strap and go for a jog..

very pleased!
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant