DVC30 Filters - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 2nd, 2004, 06:10 AM   #16
Major Player

Chris,
Would you tell me what kind of inputs and outputs the DVC30 has. Does it have analog and s-video inputs and outputs?

Have you used it enough to form any more impressions about the camera?

Thanks, Nick
Nick Kerpchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2004, 08:04 PM   #17
Regular Crew

It has the normal composite and S-Video in/outs. I was a bit wooried before I got it, as the Panasonic literature was very unclear; but all the normal consumer level stuff is present. I would also re-assure those that are concerned with the XLR ability. This camera does not just force XLR signals through the mini adapter used by consumer microphones; there is a specific XLR input just for the adapter that (presumable) preserves the low noise capabilities of XLR through to the end point.
Chris Byrnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:20 PM   #18
Major Player

Chris,

Just a quick note about the Cokin filter system. If you already own the P size filter holder, a simple step ring from 43mm to the filter holder's 72mm ring should allow you to attach it to the cameras threads with no problems. And as far as the hood goes, take a look at Cokin's modular lens hoods. They are cheap and effective. The Cokin Modular Lens Hood snaps directly onto the front of the filter holder. You can attach multiple hoods to each other to create the length of hood you desire. Two modular hoods should give you back about the same coverage as the factory hood and shouldn't cost you more than about $15. If you don't already own the P size filter holder, the A size would be a better buy for that size camera system. The A size does have a 43mm ring for direct attachment without the step ring. And the modular hoods are available for the A size as well.
Jon Fordham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2004, 07:26 PM   #19
New Boot

Chris -

My background and objectives are similar to yours. It's hard to find answers without a manual or access to a unit--your posts are appreciated. Could you also comment on 1) the zebra pattern capability, 2) whether there's any type of intervalometer/time lapse capability, and 3) how well the EVF DTL function aids focusing.

Thanks in advance!
Gary
Gary Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 10:04 AM   #20
DVX User

Cokin A's are not recommended for the DVX. Absolutely not, as on full wide you will vignette, specially if you use a UV filter ertc. The lens threads on the DVX is 72mm, Cokin A filters are ony 67mm. cokin P work well, they are just a bit bigger than 3x3's. Cokin just released cokin Z filters, and they are 4x4's.
Jarred Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 10:33 AM   #21
Major Player

Jared-

I agree. However, we're discussing filters for the DVC30, as per Chris' request. So my recommendation of the A series was meant solely for the DVC30's 43mm threads.
Jon Fordham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 10:54 AM   #22
DVX User

heh heh yeah first line "same form factor as the DVX" I just wanted to make sure there wasnt any confussion, I think I ended up confusing myself.
Old May 4th, 2004, 02:13 PM   #23
Regular Crew

In fact, all of the pre-release information listed the DVC30 as having a 72mm mount - that is why I started by focusing on the P-system rather than the A. B&H lists (and sold me) a 72mm UV filter for the camera when they shipped it to me. Surprise!

Jon - thank you, that is exactly the level of information I was seeking.

Gary - I will play with those functions this week and post a reply.
Old May 4th, 2004, 02:20 PM   #24
DVX User

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Byrnes : In fact, all of the pre-release information listed the DVC30 as having a 72mm mount - that is why I started by focusing on the P-system rather than the A. B&H lists (and sold me) a 72mm UV filter for the camera when they shipped it to me. Surprise!

Jon - thank you, that is exactly the level of information I was seeking.

Gary - I will play with those functions this week and post a reply. -->>>

Yes.. it was pretty confusing at one point, hopefully by now everyones on board though.
Old May 5th, 2004, 06:51 AM   #25
Major Player

Chris,
Thanks for the reply. I have a suggestion. In that you have been kind enough to share your experiences with the performance of the DVC30 within this thread I wonder if a new thread entitled, DVC30 Review, or something similar would make it easier for search and reference. I almost missed this initial thread because it related to filters, but now contains valuable comments regarding hands-on experience with this new camcorder.

Thank you again for providing early hands-on info regarding the DVC30.

Nick
Nick Kerpchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 07:36 PM   #26
Regular Crew

Good idea. Look for updates under new thread "DVC30 early review"
Old June 19th, 2007, 06:43 AM   #27
Major Player

Resurrection :-) A or P

So now that 3 years have passed, heres my question. When you go really really wide on the DVC30, WITHOUT a wide angle lens, is the problem with the A series Cokin ?
With a wide angle lens, is it still a problem ? Just checking before I shell out the money..
Anmol Mishra is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant