AG-LA7200G Anamorphic 16:9 Lens Adaptor - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 15th, 2004, 10:01 PM   #31
New Boot

1. using the anamorphic adapter and viewing the footage directly on a 4:3 tv will result in a squeezed picture.

2. i don't know about premiere specifically, but if you mark the MPEG stream as being anamorphic (check if premiere's MPEG encoder has that capability), then a standard DVD player will convert it to 4:3 by shrinking the image and putting black bars on the top and bottom. if the MPEG stream is not marked as being anamorphic, then it will apear squished on a 4:3 tv.

The adapter does not add black bars. All it does is optically squish the picture with a wider field of view.

The camera doesn't even know that the adapter is installed. There are no electronics or anything in the adapter so the camera doesn't know the difference.
Tim Otholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 08:31 PM   #32
New Boot

Panasonic 16:9 lens stuck on my dvx100

i just got my dvx100 with 16:9 lens... i put the 16:9 lens on, and now it doesnt want to come off. i dont want to force it off, and it doesnt say in the instructions how to remove it. someone please help me out ASAP . thanks.
Erik Auli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 10:07 PM   #33
Outer Circle

You might have screwed it on too tight and damaged the threads, or you just screwed it on too tight. Try using a little bit of force, but not too much, or try putting a cold pack on the adaptor for about 5 minutes, then try it. If those don't work, take the cam to a repair shop.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2004, 12:16 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Erik, does it seem as though the lens is spinning on the threads? i had this happin to me in a camera store and even the guy behind the counter couldnt get it off. anyway, if thats what its doing, u need to tighten the screw just a bit, and twist the back threads off. the problem happines because the lens has 2 sets of threads one to attach to the camera and one to line it up. hope that helps some...

http://www.rich-lee.com
Rich Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2004, 12:24 AM   #35
New Boot

i know i tried all of that... tried tightening it, loosening it. i turn it counter clockwise and it just keeps going in a circle and it wont detatch. any other suggestions???
Old May 20th, 2004, 12:42 AM   #36
Outer Circle

Quote:
it just keeps going in a circle and it wont detatch. any other suggestions?
Yes, you damaged the threads.
Quote:
You might have screwed it on too tight and damaged the threads.
Suggestions?
Quote:
take the cam to a repair shop
Old May 20th, 2004, 04:53 AM   #37
New Boot

any idea how much this is going to cost me? and also, when i try to record on my camera now it says "EXTERNAL DV DISCONNECT". It just flashes that text and wont record. any idea why its doing that?
Old May 20th, 2004, 05:33 AM   #38
New Boot

i figured out how to fix the "external dv disconnect problem" so disreguard that last post. but i would still like to know how much you think it will be to repair the threading on the lens.
Old May 20th, 2004, 06:15 AM   #39
Outer Circle

No idea. Why don't you call a repair shop and ask? That's what I would do.
Old June 6th, 2004, 02:42 AM   #40
Regular Crew

16:9 Anamorphic Adaptor

Has anyone any experience with the widescreen adaptor AG-LA7200G with the DVX 100.? Does it cover complete zoom range.?
Maheel Perera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:12 AM   #41
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Many threads related this adapter, found using "Search".

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2004, 09:24 AM   #42
Regular Crew

Thanks Ken for your concern.

But no one seems to have used the 16:9 converter. There were lot of talk. But no real information about it. Atleast I could not even find out whether the converter covers the entire focal length range or not.
Maheel Perera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2004, 12:32 PM   #43
Barry Wan Kenobi

There's volumes written about it on this site and adamwilt.com. In short, yes it covers the full focal range, although it's tough to get it in focus at maximum zoom. It provides a much higher resolution picture, but only if you take care to administer it properly, meaning: bring along a high-res CRT field monitor, and keep the f-stop in line with the zoom setting to deliver maximum sharpness. Adam Wilt created a chart that shows what the maximum opening is, relative to the zoom setting, to insure maximum sharpness.
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant