dvx audio volume at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 21st, 2004, 01:11 AM   #1
New Boot

dvx audio volume

Has anyone had problems with the recorded audio level on the DVX. I just bought this camera and the audio is very low. The volume bars on the lcd show 75 to 100 percent but the playback is way to low. After download to FCX the exact volume is present. I would rather not have to correct this problem in post. Any advice. Is this normal for this camera??
Hugh Dorigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2004, 08:58 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Get another microphone and don't use the in-camera mic. In plain English "It sucks!"
P.O. Box 42
Times Square Station
New York, NY 10108
Ernest Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 12:12 PM   #3
Tourist

I just got a DVC30 and I'm having the same problem. On auto mike level, the audio is too low. I have to push it manually to near 100% to get satisfactory levels.

Ernest, do you have a suggestion for a reasonably priced general purpose mike? I'd like to get the XLR adapter and go that route eventually.
Eric Woodfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:54 PM   #4
Regular Crew

i have the same problem. in truth, EVERYONE does. go into your menu option and change recordning mode from -50 to -60

real independent
Michael Summers is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant