Does your AG-DVC30 Rattle when tipped? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old August 7th, 2004, 07:15 AM   #1
New Boot

Does your AG-DVC30 Rattle when tipped?

Hi I have recently purchased a Panasonic AG-DVC 30 however I have found that the camera rattles when it is tipped lens up and lens down when the power is off. As soon as the unit is switched to camera the rattling sound is no longer there. It can also be heard when the unit is on VCR mode. I was wondering wether this is standard in all units or wether I have a faulty camera. I would appreciate if any owners of the same model could inform me wether their machine displays similar behaviour.

Awaiting with anticipation
Denis
Denis Beaubois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 07:25 AM   #2
New Boot

I noticed that in mine, but I read somewhere, either in this forum or dvxuser.com that the DVX100 does this also and it is apparently normal. I don't remember the reason given other than all of the cameras do this.
Mark Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 07:44 AM   #3
New Boot

OK, I did some further looking...the noise is the OIS (optical stabilizer)...you will only hear it rattle when the power is off. Also, on page 83 of the manual it mentions this...hope you are enjoying the new camera!
Mark Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2004, 08:00 AM   #4
Inner Circle

WOOHOO!! It seems that it runs the same Gyro as the dvx.. :) NICE...

yeah that tapping sound is happens when theres no battery on the cam.. youll notice that when u put a battery on.. a slight clunk wil be heard.. this si the gyro turning on..
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2004, 09:27 PM   #5
New Boot

Thanks Mark,
This puts my mind at ease and now I can get on with some shooting. How did you do such research re Optical stabilizer?. Anyway its brought a big smile to my face.

Thanks again
Denis
Old August 9th, 2004, 09:29 PM   #6
New Boot

Thanks Peter also.

Gotta go out and see what the camera can do now!!
Cheers
Old August 12th, 2004, 07:21 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Hey Denis,
Where did you manage to get one of these babies? I've tried a couple of places but no-one seems to have it, nor can they give a delivery date.
Alex Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2004, 07:26 AM   #8
Inner Circle

theyre only shipped out in alotments of 10... very hard to get right now.. i think theyre monitoring response before go hard with manufacturing..
Old August 12th, 2004, 08:21 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Thanks Peter. Really fell in love with the dvc but, looks like it'll have to be a VX or XM
Old August 13th, 2004, 06:48 AM   #10
Inner Circle

if it was a choice of VX or XM/GL.. id go the Sony.. simply for the larger CCD...
Old August 15th, 2004, 11:44 PM   #11
Trustee

If the forum sponsors can't deliver a DVC30, write me. My daytime job is for a supplier of broadcast and post equipment.

In fairness, try the sponsors of these forums first. I am a guest here too so play nice, try them first. If you have no luck there, get in touch with me.

Surely they would like to see you get the gear in your hands if they can't for some reason get one for you. I buy some things from them myself, sometimes for our own customers when we can't get them so I think I'm being fair.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2004, 07:25 AM   #12
New Boot

Hi Alex,
Got one from Lemac in Syd.

I ordered it a while ago though, They are hard to come by. I was originally going to sell mine but decided to keep it. On the day that I picked it up word had gotten out that I may be willing to part with it and I had no shortage of offers!!

Best thing to do id to put your order in and wait I reckon!

d
Old August 16th, 2004, 07:40 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Hi Denis
The video chaps down in Melbourne now say they expect stock towards the end of the month so I'm going to hang on.
Interesting that you were considering selling yours. Are you glad that you decided to keep it?
AG
Old August 18th, 2004, 02:36 AM   #14
New Boot

yep I'm Glad I kept it. Though the xlr adapter & mic are a little expensive
Old August 20th, 2004, 10:00 PM   #15
Regular Crew

I ordered my DVC30 the other day from B&H. It will arrive Tuesday. They have them in stock and at a great price. The XLR add on is a bit pricey. But I cannot wait to put it to the test next week. I am hoping that it will be a good companion to my two DVX-100's. DVX-100a coming later this fall for me to, I think. But the 30 is so small that I'm going to use it as my vacation cam too.
Mike Morrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant