DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   Various questions about Panasonic DVC and DVX (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/3885-various-questions-about-panasonic-dvc-dvx.html)

John Goul May 8th, 2003 12:59 AM

Panasonic Anamorphic Lens Problems - Answers

I am using the anamorphic lens adaptor for DVX100E and I love the results!

But, I am having 2 problems :

- I keep getting black round corners at times even with zoom > 40
I use it handheld at the moment 'cause I'm waiting for a
VariZoom stabilizer to arrive.
- It's very difficult to attach and detach it to the camera.

Am I doing something wrong here?
I would appreciate any help-suggestion.

John

Paul Bettner May 12th, 2003 03:14 PM

DVX100 dolly footage

Cross posted here from the film look forum, but it's DVX100 footage so I'll drop a link here too, if that's ok.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...&threadid=9563

paulb

Brian Cupini May 19th, 2003 09:43 AM

.6 crystal optics wide angle adapter at B&H photo video

I just got their catalog, it lists the .6 wide angle adapter for the DVX-100 for $329.. The .7 wide angle adapter is a bit more. It's www.bhphotovideo.com if you're interested.

Can anybody tell me the diff between .6 and .7 wide angle lens adapters? Is the .6 even worth it?

Glen Elliott May 23rd, 2003 04:51 PM

Auto focus making noise- LOUD noise!

I was testing some of the sceen settings in my DVX100 today and I noticed a loud crumbling/buzzing sound...loud enough for the person on the phone to hear. I read in another post a guy was expressing concern about this- but I think in my case it was a bit different....it was like 3X louder than the servo zoom. It did it when it had trouble focusing and the focus #'s kept changing. Thankfully it stopped and hasn't done it since. Anyone else have this happen?! *I'm so paranoid now*

Glen Elliott May 24th, 2003 09:23 PM

Ouch don't shoot in F3 mode- yikes

Shot another wedding this weekend. Figured I'd use F3 mode (boosted chroma, lowered master ped., and increased detail). Well it wasn't bad other than the detail- it looks almost too sharp...borderline halo'ing. Anyone else notice this?
*and YES, I do know you can tweak the Sceen settings manually*

Glenn Gipson May 31st, 2003 06:42 AM

Any new Anamorphic Frame Grabs?

Anyone have relatively new frame grabs of the DVX 100 with the Panasonic Anamorphic adapter attached?

Geoff Zimmerman May 31st, 2003 11:38 PM

DVX-100 Bootcamp

This is a heads up regarding a two-day hands-on filmmaking workshop is slated for June 14th and 15th 2003 at the LA Filmmakers Alliance, located at 965 N. Fair Oaks Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91103.

The first day is devoted to a complete overview of the DV production process. Attendees learn hands on camerawork, lighting techniques, and sound recording. Professional guest filmmakers include John Serna, VTP/Panasonic, Brady Harris, Lowell Light, director of photography Geoff Zimmerman and sound recordist Tom Staninis. Director Robert Grasmere and Panasonic?s John Serna conduct hands on session with the Panasonic 24p DVX-100. Attendees learn camcorder menu options, scene blocking and shot composition.

Sunday is all about post-production. Apple FCP guru Steve Martin teaches the all-new Final Cut Pro 4. This is an amazing upgrade loaded with extra features. Steve edits 24p footage captured directly from the DVX-100. Attendees learn the latest tips and tricks. Attendees see a series of selected takes shaped to create a polished dialogue sequence. Attendees learn how to create a music soundtrack using Smart Sound Sonic Pro 2 and to prepare content for multi-media release using Magic Bullet and Sorenson Squeeze.

You can register or get more info by calling (800) 525-5854 or visit www.DVCamps.com

Thanks,
Geoff Zimmerman

Chuck Purnell June 5th, 2003 09:00 PM

DVX100 DEMO DVD from PROMAX

If you are interested in purchasing a DVX100 and have not yet seen what it can do or the quality it possess. You can contact the folks at www.promax.com and ask them to send you the DVD that highlights the DVX100. Basically what it is a they shoot a scene in a bar with a couple at a table talking. One camera is shooting the girl and it is the Sony PD150 and the other camera is shooting the guy and its the DVX100. You can clearly see the difference in quality each time they switch camera angles. Oh yea the DVD is FREE!!!!! If you don't see anything about the DVD on their website then call them toll free...

Jamison Olivieri June 15th, 2003 07:49 PM

Help!

Can Someone telle me what kinda settings you guys have on your AG-DVX100 as in Scene file recording setup. I just got mine 2 weeks ago and Im trying to get the right settings.

Johan Lundberg June 17th, 2003 10:57 AM

Audio out problem

My DVX only outputs some sort of low noise when i connect the RCA audio connectors to any component (TV audio equipment etc). No recorded sound is passed out through the outputs, only the "noise". However when i plug in a pair of headphones to the camera i get the recorded audio from the RCA outputs. Although it seems like it is a phones signal, since it is distorted and I can control the volume of it with the volume control on the camera. I guess this is not how it is supposed to work, right?, or am I missing something about the audio outputs?

Thanks for any help.

Peter Richardson June 19th, 2003 04:36 PM

Barrelling on Century Optics .6 wide angle

I just got the .6 wide angle adapter from Century Optics and though the build quality seems quite good, there is a lot of barrelling of the image. I am aware that the .7 offers less of a wide angle, but does it have less barrelling at equivalent focal lengths in comparison with the .6? I don't really care about the zoom through, but if there was less barrelling I might be willing to upgrade. Also, does anyone know what the filter size is on the Century Optics wide angle adapter? Thanks!

Peter

Akif Malatyali June 30th, 2003 11:46 AM

Which is the best learning tool?

Hi everybody,

We are a little production company in Turkey and we are planning on buying a camcorder for documentaries, commercaial videos and for shooting short films. As most of the cameras in our price range have really great visuals, one deciding factor for our choice will be how much manual control the camera will give us. The reason for this is we are planning on using this camera as a learning tool for our younger staff. We have film school graduates who are working to become DPs and we want to give them the camera that best enables them to learn all available aspects of digital filmmaking. We are currently undecided between PD 150 and DVX100. I am not really sure about the price difference but other than DVX 100 25p, is there any other issue that will affect our choice. I know that it shoots a much more film like image with it's cine-gamma feature, but I have read that it can be easily achived in post and infact making our crew learn how to do it themselves will even be better for them in our opinion. I would really be glad if you could give us advice on these cameras' manual adjustments, DoF in the lenses and other relevant stuff. Thanks in advance for your time.

Akif Malatyali

SEKANS

Ps. I will be in the states in two weeks and am planning on buying the pal version of whichever camera we choose. Can you give me the names of any retailers I can purchase a Pal version? from?

Glen Elliott July 1st, 2003 01:18 PM

DVX100's "odometer"

Does anyone know what the DVX's in-camera odometer (the menu that tracks usage by hours) is based on? The menu says it tracks cylinder rotation but would that include having your camera on with a tape inserted but not recording? How about without a tape, and playback while capturing? I'm curious because my cam states I've logged rougly 20 hours and I've only recorded 10 60 minute tapes (none of them to the very end either).

Peter Richardson July 2nd, 2003 05:12 PM

Converting 24 Standard to 24 frame timeline

Hey guys--So I'm shooting a documentary in 24P Advanced for eventual editing on Avid's new Xpress Pro system. The probelm is I recorded an interview today and accidentally had the camera on F5, 24P standard mode. Is there a way for me to convert this footage into 24 for cutting in a 24fps timeline? Does After Effects do this? Thanks!
Peter

Marcus van Bavel July 6th, 2003 08:47 PM

Authoring DVX100 24P-DVD from Premiere

A long-standing deficiency in Premiere prevents you from exporting a 23.976P Quicktime with accurate sync sound for encoding a 24P DVD.

I've introduced a new product called DVFilm Mutate which gets around this problem. See http://dvfilm.com/maker/mutate.htm. Assuming you have used DVFilm Maker to convert your DVX100 clips to 24.000 fps quicktime/48048 Hz audio, and you have edited your film in Premiere at 24.000 fps, the resulting 24 fps Quicktime (which Premiere can export with accurate sync sound at 48048 Hz) is converted to 23.976P and 48000 KHz audio with the Mutate application. After that you can then encode with TMPGEnc or other programs.

Mutate should also work with other editing programs, like Quicktime Pro, which can only export at 24.000 fps and not 23.976.

Registered users of DVFilm Maker (Windows version) can get Mutate free at http://dvfilm.com/update