DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/)
-   -   Various questions about Panasonic DVC and DVX (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-dvx-dvc-assistant/3885-various-questions-about-panasonic-dvc-dvx.html)

Mark Monciardini July 7th, 2003 04:12 PM

How long does the DVX100 Batt last?

The DVX100 comes with a battery. Can someone tell me how long it lasts while using the LCD screen. I might be buying it and need this information.

-mark

Mark Monciardini July 10th, 2003 03:38 PM

Got my DVX100 Today!! whoo hoo!

First I thought they sent me the wrong camera because the box was so small. But I guess that's how it comes!

This thing is SWEET. Nice looking camera. I can see what other users were talking about with the "plastic" feel. But it's nothing to worrie about. Just don't drop it. It's very light weight though which is good.

Lots of great controls. I'm so glad I got this one over the PD-150. The zoom lens actually turns when you zoom in and out. Very cool - so you can see what stop your on. Works great in low light.

The "quick" eject is kickass. So much faster then the sony cams. I can change taps so fast now.

I guess the only complaint is, the camera says "steal me" on it. I'm putting better locks on the office today.

I have more accessories on order. The Panasonic shotgun mic and 2 backup batteries coming soon.

Anyway. Nice to be apart of the DVX100 group. Just wanted to share my excitement.

Have fun!

Patrick Bower July 18th, 2003 12:59 PM

PQ and MQ tapes (again)

You have convinced me not to bother changing to MQ. I have just bought another 20 PQ tapes, but, just out of interest, could someone explain what the manufacturer's specifications actually mean, in practical terms:

MQ tapes have

+1db C/N and 1db OUTPUT vs. Pro Standard PQ
series.

David Ziegelheim July 21st, 2003 08:44 PM

Lens Hood/Matte Box for Telephoto Lens

The base lens has a 72mm thread. The Century telephoto has a 105mm od, no thread. The Century wide angle has a 95mm OD, no thread.

Question 1: Is there any way other than a mattebox to use filters with the threadless lenses?

Question 2: What matte box/lens hoods are available that would fit all three combinations (base, tele, and wide angle)?

Question 3: Does this work with the Panasonic wide angle?

Question 4: Does anyone other than Century and Panasonic make lenses for the DVX100/DVC80?

Thanks,

David

Alturo Nguyen July 22nd, 2003 12:24 PM

What is the DC INPUT connector 7.9v 7.9 volts for???

nothing in manual anywhere, except page 10, which only makes a reference to let you know where to locate it.

and do you know the size measurements?
iniside and outside diameter?

no, it's not for reversing the dc cable(vek8722)

thanks

Christopher Go July 26th, 2003 03:50 PM

Cavision Matte Box Review

There's a review of Cavision's matte box attached to a AG-DVX100 for those looking into buying one. The review itself could of been more detailed in my opinion but there are a lot of pictures. Check it out here.

Paul Brown July 30th, 2003 02:49 AM

Scene file 3 on PAL cams...?

I don't have the cam with me at the mo' but I think it's scene file 3 which says (from manual) something to the effect of 'settings suited to accentuating the subjects (for example at wedding receptions)'. Anyone have a clue as to what this actually means?? I tried the spanish translation in the hope for a clue but still at a loss...Trying to figure out what "accentuating the subject" is trying to do...(I believe the name of the file is like Scene spark" but again may be wrong...)

Many thanks for any help.

Best regards,

Paul.
Ps. I do wish the manual was more self-explanatory....

Debra Weinfeld August 11th, 2003 11:29 PM

DVX100 and DCR-TRV37

I'm about to start editing a film shot on the DVX100, do I have to use the same camera to capture into FCP 3 or can I use the Sony DCR-TRV37. I have Cinema Tools for the pulldown.

Thank you

Alex Ellerrman August 19th, 2003 02:12 PM

DVX 100 push to HD then projected digitally...

Has anyone seen this done, and if so, could they share their thoughts on the end result? It would be cool to hear a success story of a film making that happen...

thanks
Alex

Mike Zorger August 20th, 2003 05:28 AM

New Century Optics .3 fisheye for dvx100

Does anyone have the new .3 fisheye from century for the dvx100? It just came out a few weeks ago. If someone has atleast seen it on the came, is there vinyetting? and is it better than the vx1 with a mark 1 fisheye.?????

Mike Booth September 5th, 2003 05:48 AM

DVX100 PAL footage online

If anyone wants to see an example of PAL footage from the DVX100. Unfortunately I have a problem with my computer system so have had to compress it to a .wmv file but it's still looking good.

The link is here: http://www.pleasedsheep.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=46

If you want to contact me, or give me some feedback, leave it on my message board at my website, thanks...

William Wallick September 11th, 2003 10:46 AM

Timecode

Will the DVX100 record drop frame time of day timecode?
WW

Mike Zorger September 15th, 2003 06:49 AM

handle for dvx

Does anyone know how much that handle is that goes on the side of the dvx? Its black and George Clooney is holding it in a photo for his new HBO show.

Matthew Kaplan September 16th, 2003 10:52 PM

Renting Camera for Weekend, Settings?

hello--

I am renting the DVX-100 for an upcoming weekend to shoot a short film.

I want to get experience using the camera and making a short film.

I won't have time to master the camera, so I was wondering if you could offer me which settings I should go with.

I have Final Cut Pro 3 and a one chip sony mini-dv camera to import footage.

What settings should I be at? I would like to shoot at 24fps to make it look more like film.

I heard to shoot in 24p standard mode.

If it turns out good, I might want to put it on a DVD... but mostly just for fun.

I don't know aobut thick or thin. Or cinegamma settings.

I need a crash course.

I want to achieve a happy looking film... it's a comedy, so I want it to be bright, fun looking.

Any tips?

Chung Lee September 21st, 2003 10:35 AM

DVX100 Pal Best Price in Asian

Hi!
Anyone knows where to get the camera cheap?? because next time I will be in asian and will get this camera.
I remember, when the price was about 2760 Euro in
expandore.com, know it is about 3000 Euro again.
Would be thankfull about all infos.