Another Good or Fake Price???What you think - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old January 27th, 2003, 05:47 AM   #16
New Boot

It seems like they are legit because I have been watching them for a a couple of years in manyaplaces of broadcast trading like mandy.com dealing with great prices and i havenīt read a bad review in the internet about them. Also, I checked their company registration number in Singapore and itīs fine. Singapore has great reputation in trading as their policy in customs is really fair. I realize that if they are not legit it should be tons of posts around the net blaming about them and as i said before I havenīt read one yet.
Chema Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2003, 09:36 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Good Price in Guangzhou/China ??

Hi!
anyone knows a good store in Guangzhou/China , who also sales the DVX100 Pal ??
Just asking because my brother is there for buisness right know and will come in February, that would be the best and cheapes way for me to get the DVX100 Pal, cause here it will cost about 4999€.
Chung Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2003, 10:23 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Model : AG-DVX100E PAL USD 3,200

Hi!
I hope not bother you with my price thing, but you need to understand, that I am not ready to pay the european price(5000Euro), better find another way to get it cheaper.
Here is a store who sales it for USD3200.
Anyone knows something about this store??

Here their reply.

Dear sir,

Thank you very much for your inquiry of AG-DVX100E ( PAL).
We hope our competitive offer stated below
will interest you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model : AG-DVX100E PAL USD 3,200

Price include delivery by Speed Post / DHL door to door.Germany
But exclude your local tax , VAT and duties , if applicable.

Payment : Wire Transfer to our bank account to effect delivery
Cargo Insurance : Can be arranged with us, if you wish.
Order : Booking of stock ( does not require upfront deposit from you )
is required for delivery within 2 weeks time.
You need to sign on our proforma Invoice to book.
Proforma invoice will follow if you could accept our offer.

View detail :
http://www.expandore.com/product/DV%20Product/AGDVX100.htm

View Catalog :
http://www.expandore.com/product/DV%20Product/AG-DVX100(PAL).pdf

Our Bank account detail
http://www.expandore.com/about/our_company_detail.htm#Bank_%20Details
Chung Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2003, 02:11 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Thanks Chema. I feel better about this then. I too checked around the net and found no bad posts about them. I guess one of us will have to take the plunge.

Jeff, If I order the PAL version, would you be interested in checking it out? compared to the NTSC one?
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2003, 08:49 PM   #20
Major Player

Jeff, Panasonic Japan would not (allthough I'm certain they can) repair any PAL model camcorder. That is their policy. I've mentioned this issue to Joe before. I've reconfirmed this matter at least 3 times. No deal with Pany US too take note!! You'd have to send the camera to PALSVILLE if you need repair or service.
Allan Rejoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2003, 08:59 PM   #21
Obstreperous Rex

Allan is quite correct, PAL camcorders will be serviced only in PAL countries having authorized service centers. Plus, the camera's warranty is valid only in the country it was purchased from. Bring one of these PAL units to the U.S. (or Japan), and you will not be able to get it repaired there or get any warranty service/support. Just an FYI,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2003, 07:54 AM   #22
Warden

Allan, thanks for the correction. I should have read my first post. I assumed (incorrectly) that Panasonic followed other manufactures by doing International Warranties in Japan. Most companies allow for this in their warranties. It's a shame Panasonic doesn't. I would be much more leery of buying a Panasonic camera overseas and having to rely on third world repair services.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2003, 09:36 AM   #23
Obstreperous Rex

Technically these camcorders could be repaired in Japan, be politically they won't be repaired in Japan. A matter of policy, not capability.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2003, 05:25 PM   #24
Inner Circle

I just emailed Steve as Expandore. He didn't respond to the last one. If he says we should be able to send to japan, and not back to expandore (Singapore) for maintenance, then the deal is off for me. Maybe thats why his prices are so low for this.
Old January 31st, 2003, 01:56 PM   #25
Inner Circle

Still no answer from Steve at Expandore. I don't have a problem shipping back to Singapore to fix things. Just wish they would clarify.
Old February 2nd, 2003, 10:41 AM   #26
Inner Circle

finally got an answer from Steve at Expandore. He stated I could send it back to them for a Manufacturers defect within the first 3 months of ownership. Is this good? Normal?
Old February 2nd, 2003, 10:59 AM   #27
Warden

Usually the terms of an International Warranty are the same. In Canon's case 1 year parts and labor (90 days on the heads). I would ask your contact for more details. Where would you send it for warranty work after the 90 day period? Is the first 90 days a warranty repair or an exchange. Is Expandore an Authorized Canon repair facility? If not, will there work on the camera during the first 90 days void the remainder of the warranty (I think it does)?

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2003, 12:03 PM   #28
Inner Circle

Jeff, I assume you really meant Panasonic.
They appear to be authorized. They may be geared more toward the Euro market (PAL) than the US one. There has to be some international warranty offered by Panasonic. I'll try to find out more.
Old February 2nd, 2003, 12:07 PM   #29
Inner Circle

Jeff, Steve updated my just a few moments ago. I can send the camera back to Singapore for any repairs if needed. I asked him for the price of an extended warranty.

You never did answer if you wanted to check out a PaL version if I got it.
Old February 2nd, 2003, 12:20 PM   #30
Warden

I would love to see it, but I don't have any PAL gear to try it. I don't even have a PAL monitor to view it on. Sorry. If you work something out let me know. I'd make the trip down to see it and have lunch sometime.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant