Another Good or Fake Price???What you think at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old January 8th, 2003, 04:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Another Good or Fake Price???What you think

Just found the info about the DVX100E Pal for just $US 3142.00

http://www.globalmediapro.com/av/index.cgi?topic=av_store&action=readmore&item=31161

What you think??? Fake or just amazing
Chung Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2003, 06:45 AM   #2
Outer Circle

Hmmm. I don't know. I just read the DVX is selling for 3,000 Pounds in the UK. What's that in US Dollars? About $5500??
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2003, 07:07 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Here the info I just got from the online store.

1. We provide 12 month back to base guarantee which covers
manufacturer's faults. You will have to send the camera back to London
or Prague if there is a guarantee case at your expense.

2. We will send it from New Zeland by courier post. Courier will ask you
to pay local taxes and duties. You will have to pay VAT and duties
(usually 4,9%) on top of the price.

Panasonic AG-DVX100E mini-DV Camera/Recorder PAL 3142.00
Shipment to Germany 246.13 Subtotal: $US 3388.13
So it will cost me with all extras like shipment ,taxes etc
3540€ (3550$)sounds good to me.

3. Supplied accessories

Lens hood
Eye cup
Shoulder strap
Microphone holder
AC cable
AC Adapter
DC cable
Battery
Wireless remote control unit
Cleaning tape

4. Bank transfer or credit card. We will need a copy of your passport
for credit card payment. Delivery address and credit card owner address
should be equal. We prefer bank transfer of coarse.

5.6. Available in 3-4 weeks. Add extra 1-2 weeks to get it in Germany.

from panasonic.
Here are the different bettween NTSC and Pal

1.There will be no 24P, but 25 and 50
2.NO "" Analog Input"""!!! Dont get it, One of the important thing for me.

Old January 8th, 2003, 11:47 AM   #4
Miles J.

We will need a copy of your passport...

"We will need a copy of your passport for credit card payment. Delivery address and credit card owner address should be equal."

IMHO no company has anyb business requiring a copy of your passport for an online purchase of any kind. This is an oepn invitation to fraud and identity theft.

Couldn't find info on that company anywhere, not even on their web site. They also state "We are clever. Try us."

I believe these are cons.

'nuff said. Chunglee... RUN!

Miles
Old January 8th, 2003, 03:37 PM   #5
Outer Circle

They want your passport?? That's a sure way to get on CNN as the FBI's most wanted for questioning about terrorism. Buy the DVX (with a copy of your passport), and become notoriously famous! What a deal! hehehe.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2003, 01:33 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Definitely a con job. Who buys things with a passport? I agree with Frank. It sounds ultra shady. If nothing else the equipment's probably stolen.

-Vinson
Vinson Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2003, 07:29 AM   #7
New Boot

DVX100 PAL from Singapore

I am in contact with a dealer from Singapore called Expandore Enterprise. They sell me a new Dvx100e (pal model) for 3250$, included DHL door to door delivery. I guess in Singapore are easier on customs that we are in Europe and thatīs why it is so cheap there. Does anybody hear about them? They also make a special bill with a 1100$ price, so I will only have to pay 25% percent more of that cost in customs. Please, If anybody from has bought anything from them, make me know as soon as possible because I want to get the camcorder NOW!
I realize that for U.S. residents it will be stupid to buy it so far away but in Europe this camcorder will retail for 5500$!!!!
Chema Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2003, 07:50 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Wow that sounds even better, is it also possible to get in contact with this person or store??
Right now my brother is in Shanghai for buisness, and that would be my best opporunity to get it cheaper compared to europe.
Old January 17th, 2003, 08:00 AM   #9
New Boot

expandore

Yes, his name is Steven and web is www.expandore.com. I already have been speaking with him by phone and he told me that he would receive the dvx100e camcorders for the 03 Feb. I guess that if your brother is in Shangai he could buy the camera for you and carry back to your country as personal luggage, so you will not have to pay anything in customs!!!!
If you speak with Steven, let him know that you have been in contact with Jose Maria Martinez from Spain (Chema is a nickname for Jose Maria).
Old January 19th, 2003, 12:30 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Chema, I just got an excellent price on the PAL version from Steve at Expandore also. They seem legit, since the quote included links to all their business information and their swift code for doing a money transfer. No weird request for Passport or other personal ID.

Business name/address..., and Swift code should be all anyone needs to do a wire transfer from a US bank to a foreign account.

Steve quoted me 3250 US, not includiing TAX or duties.
They offer cargo insurance at additional cost it seems, but
I"m not too worried with DHL.

Anyone here dealt with them? This is a very good price. It includes all the usual stuff the NTSC version does.
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2003, 02:30 PM   #11
Inner Circle

Chema, I emaild Steve asking questions about warranty work. He hasn't answered yet. Do you have any Idea how Panasonic will handle cameras bought from out of Country?
Old January 23rd, 2003, 08:44 PM   #12
Warden

Generally speaking, the US warranty is provided by Panasonic USA (the official importer). Cameras not imported by the official importer carry an International Warranty. The terms of International Warranties vary, however, they usually require the camera be returned to Japan for warranty service. Serial numbers are used as the basis for their importation status. Panasonic USA knows the numbers they import. Possession of a US Warranty Card is also required, along with a dated sales receipt showing purchase within the US. I have known companies to make exceptions, but they are just that, exceptions and not the rule.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2003, 04:47 AM   #13
New Boot

warranty

Joe, I already have talked with Steven two weeks ago about this and he told me that if you have any problems with the camcorder you would have to ship it back to Singapore to get it fixed. I think that this deal is only good for european residents as the panny will cost in here more than 5500$. I beleive that prices for the panny in the US wonīt get much higuer than 3800$, maybe less. There is too much competition in this size and I have found some ntsc dvx100 for this price in some US shops.
Old January 24th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #14
Inner Circle

Chema, his prices he sent to me werre very competitive. I specifically requested the PAL version. I know it's 25P instead of 24P, but being progressive and that extra 100 lines of resolution. I would rather have that one.
The price he sent was actually lower than most of the NTSC prices I've seen.

Do you feel he is legit? I don't have a problem sending back to Singapore if his company is reputable.
Old January 24th, 2003, 07:45 PM   #15
Warden

Joe,

It doesn't have to go to Singapore for warranty repair. You would want to send it back to Japan, for a more reliable repair. The real question is if he is legit and you can trust him?

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant