Looking for appraisal on DVX100a at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old May 14th, 2006, 03:13 PM   #1
Major Player

Looking for appraisal on DVX100a

Hi everyone--I'm wondering if anyone could give an educated guess on how much I should ask for the following DVX100a package:

1. DVX100a in great condition with 609 hours on heads
2. PortaBrace bag
3. UV and Polarizing filter
4. Century Optics .6x Wide Angle adapter

Curious to hear thoughts. Thanks!

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #2
Tourist

I don't own a camera YET, but I noticed no one has commented yet so I'll give my input...I'd say that since the dvx100b is out (and while it's not drastically updated, it is a new model) you, and most people selling the 100a, shouldn't expect to get anywhere near the $3000 you pay for a new 100b. Also, if I were looking to buy a used camera with accessories like filters and lenses, I don't think I'd want to buy a filter or a lens with a scratch on it...if the lenses and filters are in perfect condition, though, I'd be willing to pay close to retail price for them, assuming they're lenses or filters I'd buy anyway.

I hate to give a number, for fear it might insult you, but as long as you're asking, if I were to make an offer for your gear, I'd say about 2000-2300. I think people ask for way too much when selling a camera, but they must realize a used camera or accessories do not come with warranties or any indication of their history, besides outward appearances, and cameras (and any other electronic, for that matter) lose value by the minute, because technology advances so quickly.
Zack Zrull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:25 PM   #3
New Boot

That is a huge amount of hours. Considering I got my DVX100A with 18 hours on it for $2300.00 a few months ago Id say try and get atleast $1900-2000.00 for it. The century wide angle will help out, im sure youll get near $2300.00
John Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 12:15 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the advice guys. Sounds like something around 2300 would be appropriate for the package. I'll go for that.

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant