Resetting White balance to factory... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old June 25th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Resetting White balance to factory...

heres something i havent been able to sort out...

for 4 years, ive never really needed to do this, however we were shooting with 2 Z1's, 2 DVX100's, a DSR500 and a DSR 300...

now the sonys were set to 5600k, (Ive never needed to tweak the Z1's)however the DVX100's have been over the times of shooting, manually set to WB, so the WB a and WB b are have lost their initialised settings.

Now im curious if there is a way to retrieve the original WB setting temp. Ive tried the manual and the menus, but im yet to find a way to reset these.

In turn the footage is fine unti we try to colour match the DVX with the others. Obviously theyll never be perfect, but it would be nice to at least set the units to a temp if ever needed..

anyone know?
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 08:57 PM   #2
Inner Circle

noone knows huh...
Old July 10th, 2006, 02:33 PM   #3
Major Player

I own a DVC80 and if I recall correctly (it is not in my hands at the moment), there are 4 white balance options: manually set "A," manually set "B," and then the preset 5600k and 3000k built-in settings. Does the DVX100 not have the two built-in 5600/3000 options?

When I have my hands on my DVC80 again, I'll double check this, but this is how I recall it being set up...
John Britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #4
Major Player

Peter,
Did you try the master reset on the DVX? As I recall, when I got my 1st 100A,
the WB "A" preset was the same as the 3200 preset, which surprised me...I figured it would have been some sort of Fluorescent light setting.
Hope this helps.
Ken
the Screen Skins guy
Ken Plotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 03:07 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Britt
Does the DVX100 not have the two built-in 5600/3000 options?
Yes, the DVX100 has built in 5600/3200 WB in addition to the custom set a and b option. Flip the switch on the side to prst and then toggle the awb button on the front.

Of course that doesn't answer the factory preset question, but I don't know the answer to that one.

Smile,
kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 03:48 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Holodak
Yes, the DVX100 has built in 5600/3200 WB in addition to the custom set a and b option. Flip the switch on the side to prst and then toggle the awb button on the front.

Of course that doesn't answer the factory preset question, but I don't know the answer to that one.

Smile,
kris

Ah. I thought Peter was looking for the preset 5600k setting, to try and match the Sonys he mentioned.
John Britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 11:16 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Kris Answered the query, i just never really understood the manual (after 4years and 3 models later....) .. lol
Old July 10th, 2006, 11:32 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Just had a fiddle with it..

now for A and B, u cant lock these to a specific temp, however if set the switch to Prst, then go onto the menu screen, go to SWMode and turn off the AWB, now when u tap the WB button while ur WB switch is on Prst u can jump between 3200k and 5600k

Works a treat.. Im now wondering why it took me so long to friggin understand..
Old July 30th, 2006, 07:53 AM   #9
Regular Crew

What I'd really like is to use the iris control wheel to set the WB, rather than reaching for my white card and filling the frame with it and pressing the wb button everytime the scene moves, or using awb and waiting for the camera to react... I dont have enough hands to get it all done quickly.

Yeah, using the iris control wheel to set the wb, great... with a screen display of the colour temp. I could even warm up some scenes directly, rather than using slightly blue paper and 3 hands.
Chris Suzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2006, 11:42 AM   #10
Regular Crew

The PRST is the factory setting. It will never change and is the same as the day you got it. If you press the AWB button it will toggle between 3200 and 5600 factory preset white balance. The A and B buttons are for manual white balance (your own white balance) and will not change until you balance again or the internal battery goes dead.
You can also turn on the Auto White Tracking and make yourself crazy as it adjusts to white balance every few milliseconds.
Gary Moses is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant