Macgregor's "Similo" Film Picture Quality - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old July 6th, 2006, 01:21 PM   #16
Major Player

Now, get over it.
Yasser Kassana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #17
Regular Crew

DVX100E. Simple.
Miguel Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #18
Regular Crew

There are lots of films of the dvx100 around the place, and none as good-looking as that one, so I guess these people may be right- it might be down to lighting and post and cc. The question is, what specifics? what NLE, what cc plugin? what lighting equipment? I don't mean to sound like its all down to equipment, I'm aware of that, but if I have the same equipment then I know for sure that it's not a restricting factor.

Last edited by Matt Stedeford; July 6th, 2006 at 05:07 PM.
Matt Stedeford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 02:07 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Matt, I don't mean to sound like a prick...but you've gotta learn all this stuff yourself. Noone can give you a magic recipe. There's so much to learn. The only way it's really going to make sense is for you to do plenty of shooting and plenty of research. The pieces come together slowly. Once you start getting the building blocks, more and more starts to makes sense.

And don't be worried about the DVXs abilities. It's a wonderful camera. That said, you'll definately be able to make terrible looking footage with it. But you (or anybody) will also be able to make terrible looking footage with a camera costing 10 times as much.
Steve Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 11:37 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Madsen
Matt, I don't mean to sound like a prick...but you've gotta learn all this stuff yourself. Noone can give you a magic recipe. There's so much to learn. The only way it's really going to make sense is for you to do plenty of shooting and plenty of research. The pieces come together slowly. Once you start getting the building blocks, more and more starts to makes sense.

And don't be worried about the DVXs abilities. It's a wonderful camera. That said, you'll definately be able to make terrible looking footage with it. But you (or anybody) will also be able to make terrible looking footage with a camera costing 10 times as much.
Hi Steve,

I'm aware of that, thanks. This is all a part of my research. Although I'm a record producer I'm not entirely a beginner when it comes to photography and I learn a lot from behind the scenes pictures, info, and seeing the set up vs. results of shots. I have a finite budget and organised plans, but the questions I'm asking at the moment are all relevent to the permutations I'm considering.

Thanks,

Matt
Matt Stedeford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jimerson
It was (mostly) the DVX. BTS photos of that very shot show the DVX taking it.

http://personales.ya.com/elfabrica/IMG_2994.jpg

FYI, that photo isn't the DVX taking that very shot in the film. Look closer! :)
Bill Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 05:49 PM   #22
Jubal 28

If it isn't the exact moment of the still frame, well, no one's really THAT nitpicky.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 04:06 AM   #23
Major Player

Chill out!

Anyway you didn't say "that exact frame," you said that shot, and she's standing in a different place in the still, not stopping in the middle of the road. :-)
Bill Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 08:45 AM   #24
Jubal 28

I'm chill. I guess I should have included a smiley.

In any case, you're right.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant