Panasonic Announces AG-DVC20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:49 PM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Panasonic Announces AG-DVC20

Press Release from Panasonic:

PANASONIC ANNOUNCES THE AVAILABILITY OF AG-DVC20,
NEW SHOULDER-MOUNT 3-CCD MINI-DV CAMCORDER

* Offers Entry-Level Shooters 3-CCD Quality, Shooting Stability and Easy-To-Use Controls *

SECAUCUS, NJ (August 3, 2006) ? Panasonic has annoounced the availability of the AG-DVC20, a new shoulder-mount 3-CCD Mini-DV camcorder. Equipped with advanced 3-CCD imagers and one-touch controls for ease of use, the AG-DVC20 offers high performance and great value for educators and entry-level shooters, ranging from event and wedding videographers to student and sports videographers.

The highly-affordable, 4.4-pound AG-DVC20 is equipped with three 460,000-pixel CCDs, an optical 10X optical zoom and 500X digital zoom, and a Digital Electronic Image Stabilizer to compensate for jitter and vibration.

The AG-DVC20’s convenient shoulder-mount design and easy-to-use controls offer video professionals superb stability and quick, simple operation. From initiating the record mode or VCR playback to adjusting backlight compensation, fade in/out or microphone levels, the camera’s new One-Touch Navigation puts all basic controls within easy reach. Newly-developed features include a Power LCD mode, which brightens the backlight of the LCD monitor when in sunny areas, and Color Night View mode, which permits viewing at minimum illumination of 0 lux in low light environments. Its Zero Lux Night View mode turns the LCD into a light source when turned towards the subject (within three feet).

Advanced features include an 8-bit digital recording system and 16-bit digital audio system (16-bit/48-kHz, 2-channel recording); an IEEE 1394 DV interface (In/Out) for transferring footage into Macintosh or Windows computers for nonlinear editing; Cinema (Letter box), tele-macro, and soft skin shooting modes; five program AE settings that optimize shutter speed and iris for sports, portrait, spotlight, surf and snow, and low light shooting; 14 shutter speeds (from 1/60 to 1/8,000 sec.); digital gain selection (0 to +18dB); 2.5-inch color LCD monitor with a six-language menu; a color electronic viewfinder; composite video, S-video and audio outs, mic in; auto/manual focus and iris; White Balance and White Balance Selection (indoor, outdoor, set) as well as Auto Tracking White Balance.

Even more energy efficient than the one-chip AG-DVC7, the AG-DVC20 has a record time of 83 minutes and comes standard with an AC adaptor, two 1350 mAH battery packs and a wireless remote control.

The AG-DVC20 is available at a suggested list price of $1,595.

The AG-DVC20 joins Panasonic’s current line-up of DV PROLINE Mini-DV camcorders that includes the hand-held AG-DVX100B 24p/30p/60i camcorder, hand-held AG-DVC30 3-CCD camcorder; the shoulder-mount AG-DVC60 3-CCD camcorder; and the shoulder-mount AG-DVC7 1-CCD camcorder. For more information, visit www.panasonic.com/dvproline.

About Panasonic Broadcast

Panasonic Broadcast & Television Systems Co. is a leading supplier of broadcast and professional video products and systems. Panasonic Broadcast is a unit company of Panasonic Corporation of North America. The company is the North American headquarters of Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (NYSE: MC) of Japan, and the hub of its U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. For more information on Panasonic Broadcast products, access the company’s web site at www.panasonic.com/broadcast.
Attached Thumbnails
Panasonic Announces AG-DVC20-ag-dvc20.jpg  

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2006, 08:57 AM   #2
Major Player

I've got 2 of the PAL versions of this (MD10000). They're produce a good image. PALs only come with 1 battery.
Old August 4th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

These things and their previous variants seem to be the AG-456 of today.

You'd have to remember the golden times of S-VHS to get that reference though.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2006, 03:30 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks Chris

This camera was supposed to be out in June, but didn't show. Talked to half dozen people at Panasonic (including Jan C) and was told wouldn't be available until Dec. Actually there's still nothing on the Panny website about the camera, but I willl do a search and see if anyone has it available. Thanks for the info.
Gerald Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:32 AM   #5
Major Player

As mentioned before I own two of these (PAL versions) - a third is going to be added soon. I love these cameras. They work exactly the way I need them to, reliably and affordably. I've got no interest in purchasing an HVX - my purchasing decisions were based on shoulder mount (essential - braces not an option), image quality and cost. These cameras work for me and no doubt they will work for many others.
Old August 19th, 2006, 01:51 PM   #6
New Boot

I'll Buy

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. I'm shooting with two DVC-80's (Don't need the 24p of the DVX100). Althought I would have liked to have seen larger ccd's in this camera, I plan to buy a DVC20 when they become available as a third camera, primarily because of the shouldere mount feature. My wife (2nd camera) prefers the shoulder mount and the lite weight is easier for her to handle. Plan to also use the 20 as a deck instead of one of the 80's.
Gerald Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2006, 02:00 AM   #7
Inner Circle

be aware that the 20 is a 1/6th CCD block... when looking at the spec of the unit, it seems to be an MX500 on steroids.. lol

as for matching the 20 with a DVC80, u can forget it.. it wont happen. Not even the DVC60 with a 1/4CCD can come close to the DVC/DVX units
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #8
Tourist

Re: Panasonic Announces AG-DVC20

I purchased one of these in January 2012--best cam I've ever owned! It's a real workhorse, does exactly what I want it to do, have filmed many events with it, produced many videos. Sure, the critics have had their say, seeming to discourage folks from buying one, but it doesn't matter, we who have one like it. To see what we produce, go to: Jason Young - YouTube.
Jason J. Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant