Panasonic AGDVC20P 3-CCD Camcorder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old March 19th, 2007, 09:52 AM   #1
Major Player

Panasonic AGDVC20P 3-CCD Camcorder

Hi all. Anyone have any knowledge/experience with this cam? I have the opportunity to buy one, brand new, at a very good price. I'm a post guy who needs a camera to create some "medium level" live event and commercial productions; ie in-house corporate and promotional vids as well as standard live event stuff going direct to consumer

Thanks
Victor Kellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #2
New Boot

I just posted a thread about this camera. My job is not directly in video work, but my job is 3D animation. I also do independent films and I have done some corporate stuff before.

I just bought this camera a month or so ago and I love it. For the price (~$1300 at Beach Camera) it is amazing. I did some tests and I have to say it's great. It's built for a pro, very rugged. The color is very good and it has good resolution.

The only complaint some people have about it is that it has no XLR input. That's fine by me (I also record audio and have plenty of adaptors/connectors) but might be a problem for others. I would highly recommend it.

Last edited by Jackson Carver; March 19th, 2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: edited grammar
Jackson Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:52 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Jackson, I appreciate the feedback. I started looking at this camera and couldn't believe the price. Lack of XLR is a bit of a disappointment but I too, have lots of mics and adaptors and am used to filming this way. I suppose the lack of a "24p" may put this off for some user but I have no need of that; I shoot for the video look, not film anyway.

For my situation right now, where I have so much money tied up in post and I need a decent pro grade starter cam (and being an older dude who likes this style) this seems like a good fit
Victor Kellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:33 PM   #4
New Boot

I think it's odd how you can't seem to find many reviews on this camera. I think it just came out under the shadow of other more ''innovative'' cameras, probably the fist-size HD cams they're making such a fuss about.

It's still a great camera anyway. I really like Panasonic.
Jackson Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #5
Tourist

Re: Panasonic AGDVC20P 3-CCD Camcorder

I purchased this cam on eBay in January 2010....so far is a WORKHORSE! Best pro cam I've used (except maybe for the Sony PD-GS150), the only problem is having dirty tape heads, but this is easily fixed by using a head cleaner. It came with a Dynex one, but I prefer the Maxell. I'm considering purchasing either a Firestore or Datavideo tapeless video recorder--if you're in the market for either one, read all of the reviews (for this cam also). As far as reviews, most are positive, the negative ones seem to come from folks who bought substandard equipment.

It's a great cam for the price, check online for prices and reviews--if you do purchase from eBay, be sure it has ALL of the included accessories--mine was missing the manual, lens cover, second battery and DC cable, but you can find these there also (I'm still checking). Good luck and let us know how yours turns out. To see what kind of video you can take, check out: Jason Young - YouTube.

GO PANASONIC!
Jason J. Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Re: Panasonic AGDVC20P 3-CCD Camcorder

Hi Jason

I shot on the very same cameras for many years and yep, they are quite amazing..Only 4:3 SD of course but I was truly amazed how the tiny 1/6th chips managed to resolve such a good image!!!

Panasonic have actually kept the form factor and made the camera in the AC-7 ...same sort of features but of course full HD 1920x1080 and still a remarkably cheap price....when it's time to go to HD that would be a natural progression for you.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant