micing 2 podiums at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant

Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant
The 4K DVX200 plus previous Panasonic Pro Line cams: DVX100A, DVC60, DVC30.

Old November 14th, 2006, 03:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

micing 2 podiums

Quick questions guys. Im filiming an even an ive to mic two podiums. I have two sehnheisers wireless mics. Do I just use one in input 1 and the other in input 2? Or can I just use one input? Ie one transmiter and two receivers?
Dennis Cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #2
Regular Crew

If you are using wireless mics you have to have 2 seperate systems, 1 transmitter/receiver for each mic. you can run these into a mixer and then to the camera or you could, and this is the way I would, run each mics receiver into each audio input on the camera.

Jeff
Old November 14th, 2006, 10:55 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Jeffery, I think I will run each through separate inputs on the cam. Will I still get good stereo sound?
Old November 15th, 2006, 12:12 PM   #4
Regular Crew

That depends on what you mean by stereo sound. 2 channels of audio is stereo techicially, but you are probably meaning it's pickup pattern. If you use the 2 wireless mics as the inputs to the 2 audio inputs on the camera, these will be the only mics picking up any sound so you won't have a mic picking up the general sound of the room you are in. so the sound will just be the 2 speakers talking. In your post editing you can make both channels mono, meaning they are on both the left and right audio output equally or you can pan one mic to left and the other to right for a true stereo effect.

My opinion would be to have both as mono in the edit process since you don't know what the end user will be using to play this back and if it is not stereo the audio may not be as good as if you left both as mono.

What camera are you using?
Old November 16th, 2006, 07:41 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Jeffrey. im using the DVX100. Just wondering will it sound a bit weird if i dont have any ambient sound?
Old November 16th, 2006, 09:56 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Not really, the problem will be if you are expecting any audience partisipation and need to pick them up as well.

Jeff

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic DVX / DVC Assistant