GH1 720p30 mode - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old June 19th, 2009, 09:11 AM   #16
Major Player

You could also "Conform" the footage to 29.97p in Apple's Cinema Tools. That would change the audio sample rate and require FCP to convert the sample rate in the timeline. To me it's better to manipulate the audio rather than the video.

You could also process the audio separately from the video by making AIFFs from the original video file and just remember to remove an audio frame every 30 seconds to keep it in sync. A dropped frame in video is usually obvious, not so with audio if it is chosen carefully.
Brett Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #17
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Uio View Post
I believe it is simply that every 1000th frame is dropped. Also audio will build up a lag with video by 1 frame, i.e. 1/30th of a second, over a period of 1000 frames (33.33 seconds), and then instantly catch up when the frame is dropped.
Given shots are typically 20- to 30-seconds long -- this should not be a major issue. These shots are then trimmed to 5- to 10-seconds.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series