GH1 $950 at Amazon! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old August 13th, 2010, 01:36 PM   #31
Regular Crew

UPS just delivered my GH1 from J&R Music. Serial number suggests it is hackable. Body and Lens firmware are reported as 1.22.

However, I've been reading that hacking the firmware introduces nasty banding issues that some say go away with a "burn in" while others say the Chinese-made cams have bad sensors.

I dunno - I'm going to do some shooting as is and see what kind of results I get.

HTH
Paul Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #32
Major Player

Play with it and see how it works for you. Look to the more experienced users for info though. I've read all sorts of misinformation -- some corrected, some not. My favorite are the people that sold theirs due to "problems" and then discovered it was user error and are scrambling to get another while they still can.

Wondering if it will go on sale again tomorrow as it has for the last two or three Saturdays.
Dave Eaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #33
Major Player

GH1's $999 from J&R via Amazon

J&R seems to have more GH1's for sale. I think that all of the previous J&R purchased GH1's have been hackable, however that does not guarantee that these will be -- should be returnable if they're not hackable (later firmware). These sales usually only last a single day.

Dave Eaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2010, 07:28 AM   #35
Major Player

Sale is over again and someone just reported that they just got one from J&R and it was firmware 1.34 which is currently un-hackable.

Granted, I liked the camera even before the hack, but now we might as well wait and see what the GH2 brings to the table or look elsewhere.
Dave Eaton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series