GH2 Release date? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old December 4th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

GH2 Release date?

Any idea when the GH2 will be released. Many sources say this month. I have a gig coming up and I'd love to use this camera. I hope it comes out soon. I think it's going to be perfect or my setup.

Thanks
Evan
Evan Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #2
Major Player

I'm like you, Evan -- would love to have some kind of idea when to expect it.

I'm leaving for South America in 2 weeks -- one week WAY deep in the Andes and possibly another 3-4 days down on the Amazon. I'm going to move to the GH2 ASAP anyway, but it would be nice to have it on the trip. I'm not going to take my XH-A1, but the only other that I have is an HV40. The quality upgrade in the small form factor would make it a great companion on this trip.

I've heard that some retailers will have it this coming week, but that pre-orders will go first. I'm hoping there will be some left over for those of us who want to order now. Hopefully Panasonic recognized the size of the market here and planned accordingly.

I'm a little concerned about ordering extra batteries as I obviously want to take extras. I can't find them available in the U.S. yet and am thinking about 1-2 from the UK just to be sure.
Phil Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 12:20 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Evan, if you don't have one on order you won't see one this month in my experience. I ordered mine 9/24 (the day after it was annonuced IIRC) and I'm getting it 12/17 from Amazon.

I had pre-ordered the GH1 late and didn't get a call with it in stock for about 2 months (didn't buy it at the time, glad I waited for the GH2).
Joe Marques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I just found out that they are officially shipping the Silver GH2 with the smaller lens on Dec 16th. The Black camera with the 140 lens ships Dec 22nd. This is what the Panasonic rep told my local shop.

Take it for what its worth.

Evan
Old December 9th, 2010, 06:34 PM   #5
Regular Crew

The GH2 is slowing starting to reach customers here in the US. Fedex says mine will get here on Tuesday (Amazon, The Price Pros). I've heard of guys having success getting cameras at Samy's in Los Angeles. If you are willing to spend a couple of hours online and be put on hold forever, you can find the few cameras that are on sale and in stock. "In stock" seems to be the tough part.

Happy hunting.
Evan
Old December 15th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #6
Regular Crew

It came today. I'm so stoked. I need to go and get some SD cards. By the Way, I bought it at CameraKings.com after my amazon order fell through (Amazon didn't really have any in stock). Ordered it yesterday from Camera Kings and had them overnight the package. I got it this morning and it is sweet.

Evan
Old December 16th, 2010, 07:07 AM   #7
Trustee

I'd be careful when dealing with them.
Make sure you didn't get a gray market camera without a USA warranty.
There are many many reports about them.
Here is just one... thoughts-of-dave: Camera Kings (camerakings.com): Bait and Switch Alert!
Old December 16th, 2010, 09:48 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Wow, that's crazy stuff. I got the camera yesterday and it came with an original US warranty. Everything went super smooth and the camera rocks. I paid $1399 plus $50 for overnight shipping. Maybe I got lucky.
Old December 16th, 2010, 11:26 AM   #9
Major Player

Just got mine (with 14-142mm lens) yesterday through Adolph Gasser, a local camera store in San Francisco. Good timimg, I guess. But they are coming through.
Eric Lagerlof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 07:04 AM   #10
Major Player

Both Amazon and Adorama have the silver bodies with the 14-42mm in stock as of this moment.
Dave Eaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #11
Regular Crew

My Adorama order (placed 11-08-10) of the body & 14-140mm lens was just billed to my credit card this afternoon, and that usually means that Adorama has either shipped or is shipping soon.
James Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #12
Major Player

GH2 black with 14-42 lens at Samy's, LA

I called them this morning and they said they have a handfull in stock. I just got mine (black 14-42mm) and they also offer Fedex 2nd day for FREE!

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
Carlo Zanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eaton View Post
Both Amazon and Adorama have the silver bodies with the 14-42mm in stock as of this moment.
I called Adorama twice this morning: first time they told me the silver with 14-42 would be starting the second week in January. Second call (about 30 minutes later, and different salesperson, he said it would be in from Monday, BUT, when I told them that my silver one was on order ever since OCT 27th, they literally hang up on me...Weird...Called Samy's, in LA and bought the black one with 14-42. Called back Adorama to cancel the order, and they told me they just had them in stock now...Pure coincidence or playing games?? Who knows...but they lost a customer for a while!

Carlo Zanella
The Santa Fe TV Show
Carlo Zanella is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series