Need Adaptor for this Nikon lens... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old March 31st, 2011, 06:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Need Adaptor for this Nikon lens...

Hello,

I own the following Nikon lens:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/207358-USA/Nikon_1929_Zoom_W_A_Telephoto_AF_Zoom.html
I recently purchased a GH2 and am wanting to purchase an adapter that will allow me to use this lens. I'm confused if this is an "F" mount, "G" mount, etc. Obviously I can control f-stop settings on the lens manually.

Can someone point me in the right direction for finding a suitable adapter?

As always, thanks for the info. This forum is a great resource.

Jerry
Jerry Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 07:30 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Need Adaptor for this Nikon lens...

Ebay or amazon. Just google Nikon lens to micro four thirds, you will immediately get hits.
Old March 31st, 2011, 09:00 PM   #3
Major Player

Search eBay for MetaBones Nikon adapter, which sells for about $90 and extremely well made. ( very similar to the much more expensive Voightlander Nikon ---> M4/3 adapter )
Guy McLoughlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 08:38 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Neal View Post
Hello,

I own the following Nikon lens:

Nikon Zoom W/A-Telephoto AF Zoom Nikkor 24-85mm 1929 B&H Photo

I recently purchased a GH2 and am wanting to purchase an adapter that will allow me to use this lens. I'm confused if this is an "F" mount, "G" mount, etc. Obviously I can control f-stop settings on the lens manually.

Can someone point me in the right direction for finding a suitable adapter?

As always, thanks for the info. This forum is a great resource.

Jerry
Hi Jerry:

As far as I know all Nikons have the same mount. What differs is what the (Nikon) camera can control so the lens have different "mounts". A "G" mount means the camera controls the Iris and you can't manually control it. The "G" lens I have has a "G" on it. As far as the "F" mount goes, I believe that applies to all lenses that have a manual iris control.

I bought a fotodiox adapter on Amazon that works with both types of mounts. It sells for about $44 including shipping:

I have been using it for a month and it holds the lenses solidly and is easy to remove and put back on.

Last edited by Bill Strehl; April 1st, 2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling
Bill Strehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2011, 10:08 AM   #5
Major Player

@Bill
What Nikon lenses are you using, and how are you controlling the iris?
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2011, 08:46 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I have a manual focus Lens which has an aperture ring so I use that ring for the iris. On the G series lens I use the aperture ring on the Fotodiox adapter (the one that supporrts the "G" series lenses) to control the iris. There is a pin on the lens of the "G" series that sticks out and the Fotodiox adapter moves that pin to change apeture settings. There are no "click stops" when using the adapter to control the iris and since I am new to using the camera, I have not "worried" about what fstop am at.

So much to figure out, so little time.

I guess I did not completely answer on the first pass. I have two manual lenses and two G" series lenses. I have used the 50mm f1.8 manual and a 70-300mm f4-f5.6 zoom so far.

Last edited by Bill Strehl; April 2nd, 2011 at 08:49 PM. Reason: added lens info
Bill Strehl is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series