Need Advice . . .What Lens should I get? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:11 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Need Advice . . .What Lens should I get?

Everyone is different. I personally use only "native" lenses, and only primes. I use the 12mm F/2.0, the 25mm F/1.4 and the 45mm F/1.8.

I used adapters, zooms, etc early on with Canon legacy lenses etc, but as a wedding shooter I got tired of that very quickly.

I went from using four GH2/GH1s for weddings to two GH2s and two Canon XA10s and my work looks better, my life is easier, and I wouldn't go back to the old way of shooting, ever. I need auto focus and electronic communication with the camera, period.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #17
Major Player

Re: Need Advice . . .What Lens should I get?

Carry or have?
I have around 20 adapters but don't carry them.

I have 3 main lenses I carry, 2 Nikkor lenses and now, the Panny 14-140.

I only need one adapter for that.

Sometimes I also carry a Pentax 50 1.7 for low light or a Canon 50 1.8. Both of those need their own adapters.

I have a batch of other lenses and adapters but they're specialty items.
Don Litten is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series