My first political demonstration with the GH2 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old April 5th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: My first political demonstration with the GH2

All nice looking clips....thanks for sharing.

I use Adobe CS5 for editing. It has a preset for Vimeo HD and SD. Seems to work OK for me. Just ask Vimeo for advice on the upload problems.

curious....do you video these events for experience, or do you market the videos?

Jeff Hinson
Old April 5th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #17
Major Player

Re: My first political demonstration with the GH2

I'm using the Vimeo Preset Jeff. This is something recent. The staff at Vimeo has never been much help. Some of their new software is buggy and they don't like to admit it. I may not renew this year.

Most events are marketed but this one was so unevetful, I'll let the organizers have it after I publish parts on the news site and store it for Broll later.

These things are a lot of work in post. I'll have a several thousand small clips, some bad some good, that have to be edited then put together.

It's a little like a wedding except you never have the chance for any staged shots. Everything happens fast and it seems like all at the same time. That's the reason for all the locked down cameras. For this one I have 12 GoPros running non stop for 2 hours. The speaker for a half hour. around 200 clips from the GH2 and about double that from the XA. 927 stills and they all have to be reviewed and the ones I keep, edited and put in the timeline....then the part I hate most, the commentary.

Come to think of it, weddings are a lot worse (That's why I don't do them). All I have to worry about is getting the shot. It doesn't have to be especially good, just get it. Weddings require a good deal of artistic composition. I expect it would be considered bad form to climb poles or gang out of windows at weddings too.

Don't have to worry about getting locked up at weddings either.

Or chase an enraged Commonwealths attorney who just lost a case because of one of my videos.

That's a lot of 3 to 5 second clips.
Attached Thumbnails
My first political demonstration with the GH2-stolen-car.jpg  
Don Litten is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series