DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/)
-   -   GH3: Buzz buzz b-buzz (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-lumix-s-g-gf-gh-gx-series/510714-gh3-buzz-buzz-b-buzz.html)

Kevin McRoberts October 23rd, 2012 07:50 AM

Re: GH3: Buzz buzz b-buzz

Hard to say with certainty, but if it's like my GH2, then yes.

Guy Smith October 29th, 2012 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Thesken (Post 1756424)
Put a handle on it. I borrowed this from my Craftsman drill that cost about $50.

A friend picked up this grill handle at Barbeques Galore for ~$7. The threads are 1/4-20, standard tripod mount and you can also find it online at Amazon:

Bill Bruner November 29th, 2012 09:22 PM

FYI - Just got the tracking number for my GH3 from Adorama! Ordered on Sep 18th, should be here on Dec 4th. I'll post some side-by-sides with my stock GH2 as soon as I can.

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Bill Bruner December 5th, 2012 06:11 AM

My GH3 is here! Sitting in a box by the front door - will unbox and start the side-by-sides this weekend!

Jim Giberti December 5th, 2012 10:29 PM

Got one arriving tomorrow Bill.
Also really interested to shoot some comparisons.
What are you comparing it with?

Bill Bruner December 6th, 2012 04:08 AM

Hi Jim - I will start with my unhacked GH1 and GH2. And, as soon as its available, I want to rent a Panasonic AG-AC90 camcorder for a "$2000 pro camcorder vs $2000 (with lens) video-centric hybrid" shootout.

Cheers,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

Bo Skelmose December 7th, 2012 04:28 PM

Have anyone tested the HDMI out - I would like to know if it can deliver 1920x1080 50P and 60P ?
I am also wondering if the micro four thirds mount is the same on all panasoniv micro four third cameraes. Will the mtf adapters or lenses that are made for GH1 or the AG-AF400 fit on the GH3?

Colin Rowe December 7th, 2012 04:41 PM

Google, Google, Google. Its all out there DMC-GH3 | PRODUCTS | LUMIX | Digital Camera | Panasonic Global

Does say its clean output, but obviously, not sure exactly what format

Bo Skelmose December 7th, 2012 05:19 PM

Hi Colin
I have looked at these sites but I cannot see for shure that it can output 1920x1080 50P - I have learned through time that if it is not stated in the material - I cannot count on it. They do not write what the stuff cannot do. In the specifications for the HDMI it says 1080P,1080i,720...........
Micro four third - are there different types? The 14-140mm lens has a G applied and I have downloaded the g_series_system_chart so I wonder if there is a special MFT G mount....

I also wonder if it can be powered from the USB socket or the "DC Coupler" that is'nt stated in the specifications.
I am considering if I can use the GH3 behind the goal in Ishockey - taking the HDMI out and convert to HD-SDI and record to a Black Magic Hyperdeck studio Pro. Then slows can be played back from the BM recorder.

Bo Skelmose December 10th, 2012 06:50 PM

Found out that it deliver 1920x1080 P50 from the HDMI :) Orderd a GH3 and a G5 and some converters from MTF so I will find out if they work together.