GH3 Stabiliser query at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old October 5th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

GH3 Stabiliser query

On my GH3 a stabiliser symbol is shown on the playback screen.. I have the 7-14 Lumix lens. Is there a stabiliser on/off option somewhere in the menus. ?
Old October 6th, 2014, 01:30 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: GH3 Stabiliser query

The camera has no inbuilt stabilisation, stabilisation is built into the lens only and if you switch the OIS on or off on the lens it communicates this with the body and shows when you are shooting without stabilisation. Only Olympus camera's have stabilisation in the body but unfortunately those idiots refuse to give us pal framerates.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2014, 02:30 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks.There is no IS switch on the lens - Lumix f4 MFT 7-14. The specs say IS is available via camera body. So I guess that means no OIS on this combination. Since the IS symbol appears (as off) alongside the small playback window I was hoping that it may be automatic and come on at certain settings.
Old October 6th, 2014, 02:34 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wade View Post
Thanks.There is no IS switch on the lens - Lumix f4 MFT 7-14. The specs say IS is available via camera body. So I guess that means no OIS on this combination. Since the IS symbol appears (as off) alongside the small playback window I was hoping that it may be automatic and come on at certain settings.
No, I have the GH4 and 7-14 and there are no stabilisation options for this combo.

I'm thinking about picking up an EM1 specifically for the IBIS, but really only for photos and not video since as Noa says, at this point there are no PAL frame rates.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series