Vlog 8bit vs 10bit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old September 29th, 2015, 10:41 PM   #1
Trustee

Vlog 8bit vs 10bit

Using IntensityPro card to capture 10bit FullHD, I did a comparison test. The 8bit file is 4k downscaled to FHD. On my edit monitor with contrasts aggressively pushed with curves, the 10bit is obviously better. The blocking is still there with CineD 8 bit when contrasts are pushed.
But on my system, the uncompressed 10bit files are HUGE so its impractical for my needs.
There might be color differences on the images since this is open window daylight with changing light conditions outside.
Also, when adjusted "normally" or rather not too extremely, the "chroma noise/blockiness" might not be too obvious to "ordinary" viewers in 8 bit, BUT it remains like a sword of Domocles due to it's unpredictability in 8bit mode.
Side by side 200% crop images.
Attached Thumbnails
Vlog 8bit vs 10bit-vlog_8_10bit_iso400_exp0.jpg   Vlog 8bit vs 10bit-vlog_8_10bit_normal_exp0.jpg  

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series