GH 4 Firmware Update at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old March 30th, 2016, 08:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

GH 4 Firmware Update

Panasonic releases new GH4 2.5 firmware update: Adds Post Focus, new 4k photo modes and more! – 43 Rumors

As usual Panasonic has made it almost impossible to implement the upload.

I did not pay the $100.00 for the previous version. Wondering if I can go from 2.3 to 2.5?

Enjoy

Kernt
Kent Jakusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 08:18 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: GH 4 Firmware Update

Yes you can. All it does is keep you locked out of the Vlog L profile.
Gary Huff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 08:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

This link will help navigating the storm that is a GH4 firmware update.

Update Firmware on Panasonic Lumix Cameras & Lenses

The directions say that the file should be unzipped into a 4.2MB ebn and a 37.1 MB bin file. Both files came unzipped in a folder which I am unable to copy to a SD card.

Help!!

Thanks

Kent

Why is this always impossible?
Old March 30th, 2016, 09:48 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I've never had any trouble updating firmware on Lumix cameras but have tried for over an hour on v2.5 with no luck. No problem copying the files to card but camera does not recognize it. I skipped a couple of updates and trying to go from v2.1 to v2.5. Do you need previous updates to get the v2.5?
Tom Mussatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 07:55 AM   #5
Trustee

There has been a couple of times where i have ended up, one way or another on the wrong site & downloaded the wrong version of the firmware. This version had both the firmware for the YAGH & the GH4 but interestingly the .bin file was named AH4_V25.bin & the one for the YAGH was GH4U_011.ebn.
Make sure the firmware file is GH4_V25.bin.
Hope that helps.
Old March 31st, 2016, 07:55 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I just spent an hour on the phone with Panasonic Tech support. I am having the same problem. No luck solving it. They will get back to me. I will keep you updated. Tech support 800 211 7262.
A great camera. Terrible website.
Old March 31st, 2016, 09:10 AM   #7
Major Player

I ran into the same issue as Bryce. It's strange that there's a page that seems to be the correct one for the GH4 update, but isn't. Not sure how I landed on it. As Bryce said, the correct file is GH4_V25.bin.
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2016, 09:36 AM   #8
Major Player

I was able to successfully update the firmware however my browser (Safari) would not link to the download page from the Panasonic page with the firmware 'chart' of available files. I had to use Firefox to actually download the update.

I unzipped the file (Mac version in my case - make sure you are downloading the right version) and moved the resulting .bin file to my SD card.

FWIW, always use a card reader and rarely, if ever, plug the camera directly into my computer.

Good luck!
Old April 21st, 2016, 03:00 AM   #9
Major Player

Tried several times - Downloaded the file - copied to a SD card but when I eject the SD card there is no longer the .bin file on it:...... Tried an external cardreader instead of the onboard and now the file is there - strange....
Bo Skelmose is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series