GH6: AF doesn't work. help! URGENT! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old August 23rd, 2023, 07:06 AM   #1
Major Player

GH6: AF doesn't work. help! URGENT!

Hi, I'm in Indonesia to make a documentary. Sometimes I need to use AF. I've always used it. But my GH6 here in Indonesia doesn't work. I don't know if by mistake I touched something in the MENU that I shouldn't have touched. But, I do not think so. I have the Leica 12-60mm. On the lens the button is moved forward to AF. Can anyone tell me why the AF no longer works? THANK YOU
Old August 23rd, 2023, 08:57 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: GH6: AF doesn't work. help! URGENT!

Hi, Adriano.............

First, how long have you been in Indonesia and are/ have you been staying in an air conditioned room(s)? If the answer to the latter question is yes, has your camera gear been going in and out of that room(s) with you all the time of your stay?
If the answer to that question is "Yes", what precautions have you taken to keep your camera internals dry, if any?
I'm just trying to eliminate the most likely culprit if this isn't a case of simple finger trouble/ brain fade.

Regards,

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2023, 11:01 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriano Moroni View Post
On the lens the button is moved forward to AF.
I have never used autofocus on my m4/3 camera's but you also have that switch on the backside of the camera next to the viewfinder that has "mf", afc" and afs/aff" as option, mine is always set to "mf" but could it be that you switched that to "mf"? I don't have the gh6 but have the gh5 but I guess buttons are at the same place.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2023, 01:30 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Yes Noa, same position but called MF, C , S. Needs to be in C for continuous autofocus. You can also set range in the menu to restrict the autofocus to a range. Like you I never use autofocus. Single touch autofocus will work in MF either by pressing the AF button or touching the AF soft button on the LCD.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2023, 05:29 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks for your precious info. You are right. The sun cooked my brain. ;) ;) Now I fixed it. The lever behind the camera moved involuntarily. Thanks again.
Old August 24th, 2023, 06:08 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Glad it was that simple for you to fix. Have a good time.
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series