Copying footage from an HDX900 to a drive? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old November 3rd, 2008, 12:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Copying footage from an HDX900 to a drive?

I own an HDX900 and want to shoot stock footage that will be held by a library I deal with. I could just continue to get tapes cloned but wonder if it would be better to hook up the camera to a P2 or flash recording device while shooting, then just cloning that data to a drive for shipment to the library. I would still shoot to tape at the same time if possible and hold the tapes as safety copies. Any thoughts, advantages / disadvantages, comments etc would be much appreciated.
David C Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 02:55 PM   #2

If you added the P2 Gear recorder, AG-HPG10, to your AJ-HDX900 that it'd provide you with parallel recording to P2 cards, which you could then back up to usb or firewire hard drives connected to the P2 Gear.

Learn about Panasonic's AG-HPG10
Terry Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

New drive

Thanks Terry,

Looks like there is a new version of this drive coming out early in 09. It will record 10bit AVC Intra and I think connect via HDI. Keeping my fingers crossed that it has all these function

David
www.lunaseafilms.com
David C Wright is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders