Balance settings for HVX and Glidecam 4000 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 30th, 2008, 09:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Balance settings for HVX and Glidecam 4000

I am trying to balance the HVX with the Glidecam 4000 and am having a very hard time. I watched the stability of balance video on Glidecam's website and tried to use those principles, but I am not having much luck. I have gotten it close, but nowhere near it needs to be in order to function as it should on a shoot.

Anybody out there have an HVX and Glidecam? What settings do you use, ie. location of camera on sled, rings, length of rod?

Thanks,

Jon
Jon Iannacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

Since that's such a rare combination you might not get the answer you need here. Best thing would be to talk to the people who made it - Glidecam - and see what they suggest.

I can say from experience that even a perfectly balanced rig takes time to get used to; you have to retrain your body in how to walk and move around when wearing a stabilizing vest of any kind. Practice - a lot.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 04:44 PM   #3
Tourist

try to put 6 weights on each side. Then set it to maximum length, works for me.
S. Kieron Tan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders