P2 driver install failure at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old May 30th, 2009, 11:01 PM   #1
Major Player

P2 driver install failure

I am trying to install the 1.33 Mac P2 Driver on my Macbook Pro so that I can use it with my Duel Adapter to read P2 cards.

I thought that I had already installed the driver and went ahead and installed the P2CMS software first. i then tried to use the Duel Adapter and realized that I hadn't installed the P2 Driver. i downloaded it but I get a failure when I try to install it.

I have searched the forums but so far no luck with finding an answer. I have also looked on Panasonics site but no luck there either.

Anyone have any ideas?

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 08:29 PM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

Make sure you have the correct drivers for your adapter first, which sounds like might be the issue:

Duel Systems

If the latest drivers don't install be sure to contact Duel about the issue as they should be able to walk you through troubleshooting.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 09:02 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lane View Post
Make sure you have the correct drivers for your adapter first, which sounds like might be the issue:

Duel Systems

If the latest drivers don't install be sure to contact Duel about the issue as they should be able to walk you through troubleshooting.
Robert,

I talked to a Panasonic Engineer today and he said that the Duel Adapter doesn't need any drivers with OSX 10.5.6.

He has sent my System Profile to Japan to be looked at.

I will update this post when I get more info. I have to say that I was impressed with Panasonic's efforts to help me out with this issue.

Thanks,

Daniel Weber
Old June 3rd, 2009, 02:16 AM   #4
Trustee

I got one of these duel adaptors from the USA yesterday and can not get it to work at all, it just crashes my mac when I put it in the express slot.
As said I have found that you dont need a driver for Leopard and I am running 10.5.6 I have also installed the panasonic drivers but it still will not work.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:41 AM   #5
Major Player

Gary,

I understand that you need to have the switch on the Duel Adapter set to "A" for it to work on a Mac. From what a Panasonic engineer told me, Duel has stopped writing drivers for the Mac. Supposedly you don't need them with OS 10.5. Let's see what happens with Snow Leopard!!

My problem is getting the bloody P2 Driver to install. At least I can access the cards via the camera and firewire.

Daniel Weber
Old June 3rd, 2009, 09:07 AM   #6
Trustee

Thanks I did know about the switch as it is in the manual but even with it set to A it still doesnt work. I do hjave import via USB on the i-mac so its not a huge rush as I have four 32gb cards. It would be nice to have high speed import for on location but if it will only work as USB c'est la vie.

At least log and transfer works with the 301 it never worked on my Z7 or S270 sony cameras.
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #7
Major Player

Update to my situation.

Panasonic released a new P2 driver today. Seems that if you have more than 2 gigs of ram on your Macbook Pro, you would have issues.

New driver is here:

https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro...pcdriver_e.htm

I was able to get it to install, now I will test it tonight at home.

Just an FYI...

Daniel Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders