Finally got our HVX200 RAW Clips! Need a server!!!!! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Closed Thread

Old December 18th, 2005, 04:36 AM   #31
Major Player

I thought the clips were pretty impressive allowing for the fact that it was only a showfloor. I must admit to being a sceptic initially about the HVX, but I'm becoming a convert after seeing some of the recent footage.

Have to say Panasonics marketing doesn't do it for me though, very aggressive.
Old December 18th, 2005, 05:01 AM   #32
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pappas
Unfortunately Panasonic dropped the ball on this and should have had them in lock down until they were closer to a shipping product...

-pappas
Eh, the cooperation between design and marketing departments seems like the kind of thing that's not exactly a given. I worked in TV for years and frequently wouldn't have minded throwing some of our sales guys off a really tall building.

Panasonic has a giant vision to even get a product like this out there this far ahead of the pack. They shouldn't be getting all freaked about some leaked footage, really, but in the chatty little sewing circle that is the online production community a bad buzz can travel pretty fast. I'm sure they just want to make sure people are seeing their best stuff. Peronally, I was plenty impressed by the footage I saw.

-Rob
Old December 18th, 2005, 11:37 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Hello Michael,

I hope everything will be alright with Panasonic... I wouldn't inflame the situation by publishing some private e-mails, no matter how strange. But I have to agree with you, it was so crazy what Panasonic did. While I understand their motives (I remember Jan answering a complaint that there was indeed noise on those cameras at the Expo - a thing you can see by looking at your clips - and that the cameras are going to undergo some final tweaking), I CANNOT agree with their policy to try and stop you.

What I'm a bit dismayed of, is the lack of support from the regulars here on DVINFO.NET When somebody is looking for space to post some clips, Chris Hurd is always trying to accomodate that, or at least he would have some comment or posting discussing this aspect, if the bandwith was not something his site can handle. Especially for the HVX!!!! Also, Barry Green has not posted one line on this thread!

This is the most disappointing thing, as it is clear that Chris and Barry are not independent people who can follow the true spirit of this community. They are serving the goals of higher powers and are obeying the corporate commands - weather or not through receiving different kind of compensations, I don't know and I don't care.

Sorry to be so tough but that is the truth. Even if you are not aware of the "behind the scene" facts of this forum (and others), how can you explain the total silence when new, fresh clips of the most awaited camera are posted on dvinfo?!?!?! Fear?.. Let's get serious.

PS Once again Michael, I appluad your courage! You had some disagreements with Panny and other people before on this forum, and wether or not you were right is of the slightest importance. DVINFO needs people like you.
Old December 18th, 2005, 01:02 PM   #34
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Medavoy
What I'm a bit dismayed of, is the lack of support from the regulars here on DVINFO.NET When somebody is looking for space to post some clips, Chris Hurd is always trying to accomodate that, or at least he would have some comment or posting discussing this aspect, if the bandwith was not something his site can handle. Especially for the HVX!
Raw clips from the HVX can be quite meaty and demand an awful lot of server space and bandwidth. I would be happy to accomodate some 100mbps video if it were *not* shot on the floor of a trade show. To my eye, nothing is more boring and utterly useless than video shot from the floor of a trade show especially from pre-production cameras. I hosted clips like that before, and took quite a razzing from members here and from other sites, so at that point I decided never to host trade show footage again.

Now if it was something shot outside in the real world, like Kaku Ito's mountain bike clips or seagulls on a beach in Santa Monica (who here remembers that one?) then yes I'll host it. But, from the floor of DV Expo? At 100mbps? No thanks, in my opinion that's a waste of bandwidth.

Quote:
This is the most disappointing thing, as it is clear that Chris and Barry are not independent people who can follow the true spirit of this community.
Hello, hello... I *created* this community.

Quote:
They are serving the goals of higher powers and are obeying the corporate commands - weather or not through receiving different kind of compensations, I don't know and I don't care.
This is without question the single most crass and patently offensive thing I have read on my own boards in quite awhile. Damn, all this time I thought I had a pretty tough hide and could withstand this sort of bullshit, but honestly this crap has now ruined my day. If you want to talk trash about me, please do so from some other website... there are other small-brained people who seem to specialize in that... but don't come inside my own house to slap my face. Fortunately this is the *last* time I'll ever have to see this crap coming from you, because you are through here, permanently. Goodbye.

Quote:
how can you explain the total silence when new, fresh clips of the most awaited camera are posted on dvinfo?
Hey, if it wasn't shot on the floor of the trade show, then I'd be all over it. Michael is also a member of DVX User, so why not get Jarred Land or one of those guys to host those clips? And by the way, there will be no publishing private emails to this board nor will there be any links to published emails. And to hell with it, this thread is closed.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders