resolution isn't everything ! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old January 24th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Just one thing to consider.

Take a 30 frame interlace 1080i interlace camcorder. Shoot at 1080i, 60 fields per second. Import into your NLE. Slow your clip down to 50% extracting the individual fields so each new frame just uses one field from the original. What you end up with is really good slo-mo with resolution that is still higher than you would get from an SD camcorder and pretty close to 720p. So if your final product is going to be SD or 720p most of the 1080i camcorders can produce slomo that is very very close to the HVX200. If your going down to 24Fps you can go slower still, and if you live in Europe there are a couple of HDV camcorders that will do both 60i and 50i, not just 50i.

And as already discussed if you need timelapse or pre-record by an FS4, cheaper than a single 8Gb P2 card! and 10x the storage.
Old January 24th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #17
Major Player

Alister - I totally agree and a firestore might be on my list now that I know that's a feature set , but there's one small difference - progressive . I'm not saying it's worth 10k to everybody and my sony will get me by until maybe an " a " or " b" version and who knows where we'll be then , but , if I was buying a camera in the next 6 months , resolution would not be the deciding factor , i.e. I wouldn't buy the canon - I'd buy the pany. Obviously , I have other criteria such as size entering into my opinion . I'm just saying in the present atmosphere , where , the choices are mostly between the canon and the pany, look at other features , that distinguish the cameras the most. Maybe the canon offers some cool features that I'm not aware. Want ever is needed by the filmmaker should be weighed in . Kurth
Kurth Bousman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2006, 10:54 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Werger
??? Did anyone question this? I think everyone's talking about the prerec buffer since the first post...

Just saw the pull quote that "this" would be impossible on tape...

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders