Dvcpro-50 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old June 27th, 2006, 02:26 AM   #1
New Boot

Dvcpro-50

hi well im getting ready to get the HVX for the DVCPRO-50 aspect of the camera for right now. how is it on this camera im going to tell the differnce between dv and dvcpro 50. i know on big format cameras you can but what about this camera. and yes i will be using the DVCPRO-HD but just not now on this project.

thanks matt
Matt Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 03:46 AM   #2
Major Player

I haven't shot mini on the 200 yet, but have just finished a large project in DVCPro50. The noise level in-camera is greater than my old BetacamSP, but the ingest from the P2 cards is about the same quality as what I was getting off SP tape (i.e., once the tape noise was factored in, the quality is comparable.) Do take the time to set up scene file(s) for your shoot... the standard F1 scene file is a bit flat IMO. Playing a tad with gamma, blacks and using the enhanced matrix yields a better look in SD. Not as good as a full-sized modern DVCPro50 rig, but perfectly acceptable.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders