Any news on a Express Card 34 to PCMCIA adapter? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old February 9th, 2008, 11:09 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Another Duel Update-

Shot multiple locations so far with the Duel and MacBookPro. I'd shoot until the first card was nearly full, then swap. I'd dump to the Mac while shooting using a second P2. Repeat. No problems. This was not constant shooting though. All were multiple take setups.

On that note- I can't figure how to delete the P2 in the Mac. If I delete the files then I get a "FORMAT ERROR" and have to format the card. Not a problem for me to format the card each time since it is quick and I am shooting segments. But this will be a problem if I was shooting non-stop and hot swapping. I read on another site that you set the "loop" function if you want to continually record but haven't tried it yet.

Hope this helps out some of you.
Jim Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2008, 06:58 AM   #32
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ross View Post
Another Duel Update-

Shot multiple locations so far with the Duel and MacBookPro. I'd shoot until the first card was nearly full, then swap. I'd dump to the Mac while shooting using a second P2. Repeat. No problems. This was not constant shooting though. All were multiple take setups.

On that note- I can't figure how to delete the P2 in the Mac. If I delete the files then I get a "FORMAT ERROR" and have to format the card. Not a problem for me to format the card each time since it is quick and I am shooting segments. But this will be a problem if I was shooting non-stop and hot swapping. I read on another site that you set the "loop" function if you want to continually record but haven't tried it yet.

Hope this helps out some of you.
Are you using Leopard? I think it was said in the driver instruction that deleting didn't work with certain version of P2 driver with Leopard. They might have updated it now, so you check back the download site.
Kaku Ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 01:13 AM   #33
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ross View Post
On that note- I can't figure how to delete the P2 in the Mac.
There's a new Mac P2 Format utility available on the Panasonic P2 download site. Try that.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 01:48 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Not to sound like a complete idiot - but can we sum it all up then? What would a workable shopping list for a budget minded producer look like? Which MAC laptop, MAC desktop, adapter and driver setups are required to make this workflow happen - so I don't go and try and reinvent the wheel and waste my funds?
R. L. Appling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 01:45 PM   #35
Go Go Godzilla

R.L.,

Since this thread is about a specific adapter device rather than a complete system setup, the best thing to do is: A) Read threads about complete system setups and get the breadth of opinions and; B) Get with one of the forum sponsors (some of which are in your area) and ask the experts advice on what system, hardware/software would best suit your needs.

The problem with asking such a broad-spectrum question is that you'll get tons of opinions going in every direction and none of them may actually fit your requirements. It's best to get with one of the dealers you'll eventually do business with and have them consult directly with you.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 11:37 AM   #36
Major Player

I use a MacBook Pro running Leopard 10.5.2. I install the standard p2 drives available from Panasonic.

I turn on the MBP and once booted, plug the Duel Adapter into the EC/34 slot and then a write protected p2 card into the adapter. Once it mounts, copy it to the desktop.

I eject the card by dragging the volume to the trash, and repeat the process with another card.

Once that is done, I eject the dual adapter. I don't reinsert without rebooting the MBP.
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 08:52 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Saraceno View Post
I use a MacBook Pro running Leopard 10.5.2. I install the standard p2 drives available from Panasonic.
I turn on the MBP and once booted, plug the Duel Adapter into the EC/34 slot and then a write protected p2 card into the adapter. Once it mounts, copy it to the desktop.
I eject the card by dragging the volume to the trash, and repeat the process with another card.
Once that is done, I eject the dual adapter. I don't reinsert without rebooting the MBP.
Hello david, You have clarified this Re-boot issue, My reading of threads was that you had to re boot after inserting each P2 card, your explanation is that you only re-boot after inserting the Duel adapter.
Simply, you have to have the Duel Adapter connected prior to Boot-up.
Cheers
Tom K
Tom Klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #38
Major Player

No, the DA was not connected before boot; it was inserted after boot and then the p2 card was inserted

I don't recall having to reboot after copying just one card.

But I'll test it.
David Saraceno is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders