DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old April 25th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Besler/Beseler lights...Any Good?

Has anyone heard of Besler/Beseler lights? I have a lead on a used set for what sounds cheap. I am awaiting pics of the units, but haven't been able to find anything through Gooooooogle.8-)

If anyone can say whether these are any good or if they are "steer-clears", I would appreciate it.

thanks,

Mike Watkins
Mike Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 06:29 PM   #2
Major Player

If you're in the same city and can go see them, that's one thing. Buying through the mail though could be risky. Especially if its not through eBay and you don't have (at least) a feedback system to help with keeping the transaction honest. So the unknowns are great in a mail order / non-eBay transaction of not knowing the seller and not knowing the lights and their reputation. Hope this helps.
Richard Andrewski - Cool Lights USA - RED #114
http://www.coollights.biz
Richard Andrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Richard for the reply.

I plan on looking at them tomorrow. The issue is I have no idea what the price point of these lights are/were new.

are these a reputable brand of lights? Any idea on typical price?

By the way, Richard, I have a shopping cart of stuff put together on your website. Looking for the cash to make an order;-)

thanks,

Mike W.
Mike Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2008, 07:02 PM   #4
Major Player

Bessler is a still photo brand. I think they used to sell hot lights that were pretty basic (similar to low end Smith Victors). They were target toward the hobbyist which is not to say they wont be fine depending on your needs. The B&H link below is to a light that is similar to what I remember Besslers being.

Good luck.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...h_Ceramic.html
Josh Laronge is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management