DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old May 24th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Excellent, money-saving DVD for Beginner or Intermediate

If you're looking for a great, instructional DVD on how to light and also the proper equipment to buy, I would highly recommend checking out the "Introduction to Lighting" from www.reelclassroom.com. A lot of the questions being asked on this forum are answered on this video. There is a nice clip to watch on the website from the DVD. I'm not connected to the company by any means, but I did pick up a copy of the DVD through a recommendation. I'm somewhere between beginner and intermediate, and I've found the information on this DVD to cover the foundational issues right up through much more advanced procedures.

Also, for those of us who don't have a huge budget, it's always a balancing act of what to buy... paying for an instructional DVD isn't usually something we budget for. I wish I had bought this DVD before I bought my first light kit and a bunch of incorrect accessories; it would have actually been cheaper than taking a few wrong paths along the way.
James Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2008, 10:19 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Thanks!

Wow, thanks James! I'll definitely be adding this to my list of purchases in the near future!

That greenscreen video looks promising as well, we've been having a few greenscreen lighting issues recently.
Glenn Fisher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management