Ikan 150 LED lights - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old March 14th, 2010, 10:30 PM   #16
Major Player

SO I have the light for a few weeks now and I'm happy with it's performance. The biggest advantage is its battery life - 7 hrs out of included Sony battery. The light is even without hot spots. I've also tested it without mounted battery, but plugged it to battery belt.

I'd say it's perfect for interviews and typical wedding-like events when you need good light for 6-9 feet range for a loooong periods of time.
Lukas Siewior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 08:44 AM   #17
New Boot

iKan 155 LED's

I bought 2 iLED 155's from B&H about two weeks ago and used them for the 1st time this weekend. Here are my impressions. 1) The battery plates don't really secure well, you might as well remove them to replace the battery. 2) The camera mounts are fairly weak and come loose easily, both at the shoe mount and the pivot point. 3) One of the 2 lights died after 20 minutes of use leaving me high and dry. The battery and mounting plate were good, I tried them on the other light to make sure. I tried the other plate and battery on the dead light but I had no power at all. Really disappointed in the QC process that let this pass and plan on venting to IKAN later today. I'll let you know their response.
John Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 08:51 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Butler View Post
I bought 2 iLED 155's from B&H about two weeks ago and used them for the 1st time this weekend. Here are my impressions. 1) The battery plates don't really secure well, you might as well remove them to replace the battery. 2) The camera mounts are fairly weak and come loose easily, both at the shoe mount and the pivot point. 3) One of the 2 lights died after 20 minutes of use leaving me high and dry. The battery and mounting plate were good, I tried them on the other light to make sure. I tried the other plate and battery on the dead light but I had no power at all. Really disappointed in the QC process that let this pass and plan on venting to IKAN later today. I'll let you know their response.
What amazes me is how many companies - based in the US - do nothing more than buy products in China, bring them to the states, mark them their own, and sell them for profit. It's not uncommon by any means in this world, in that sense, but a wide array of products - particularly LED lighting - is nothing more than rebranded equipment. I am not commenting on anything regarding Ikan or others, but the QC of some of their products - most notably some LCD panels - is concerning as well.
Marshall Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:59 PM   #19
New Boot

Please contact me regarding this issue.

John,

Sorry to hear about the troubles with the iLED 155. I can handle this issue for you personally. Please call us at 713-272-8822 and ask for Carlos.

C
Carlos Tovar is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management