Which litepanels Led 1X1 to shoot a Documentary about a mine in SPAIN? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old December 15th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #1
Trustee

Which litepanels Led 1X1 to shoot a Documentary about a mine in SPAIN?

Hi i'm about to shoot this documentary about the miners and this coal mine. I need LIGHT inside! I was thinking about the LITEPANELS 1X1. How many should i rent? for interviews i guess 2 or 3, what about the pits of the mines?
Litepanels offers many !x1 Led solutions, what should i get?

thx
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hola! Depends on the theme of the doco Marcus, but just enough light for 2 coal dusted ppl .. leave what you can't see to the imagination.

Rent an LP (or 2 small ones to cross light) to try and turn the lights out. btw you won't see me down a freakin mine.

Cheers.
Old December 24th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I think 3 1x1's would be enough. I wouldn't worry about lighting the whole place up. I think it would be really cool if you didn't show the true size of the mine until the end. Keep everyone kinda guessing till the end. Make them want to see the whole mine first.
Caleb Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Wrangler

If you are inside the mine the whole time, your color temperature won't change so you won't need the Bicolor. Your most flexible unit will then be the Bifocus. I don't know what camera you are using and how big the mine is so there's not enough information to determine how many panels you would need to light up the mine. The 1x1's are good for interviews but not if you need punch or throw. If you must stick with LED's (power reasons), you can look at the new LP Sola. Good ol' tungsten would be a good bet, unless there are severe power issues in the mine. A 1K open face will give you a lot of output and spread, probably 3-4 times that of a Litepanel, which would be needed if there are large open areas in the mine. If it's all tight tunnels, then you may be OK with the LP's. A tunnel that runs straight for a couple of hundred feet would look great backlit from the end, but you will need some punch for the light to carry a distance. Remember that your eyes will adjust for the low light levels in there but the camera can only do what it is rated to do.
Old December 26th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #5
Trustee

Thank u all my friends.....
Any solution to power the LP 1x1 inside?
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #6
Wrangler

Inside...?

They can be powered via AC adaptor or from batteries, either outboard or mounted on the back.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management