DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old January 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

limited to using only available lighting

I recently shot a scene for a school project in a hallway and I had no control over the lighting situation. I was wondering if I should reshoot this scene in a different location where I have more control over the lighting

This was shot on a DSLR and I havent done any correcting to it. What Im wondering about is the light on the left side of the frame. Does it bother anybody? The same light is on the right side of the frame on the reverse OS shot. Is the light something to worry about?
Attached Thumbnails
limited to using only available lighting-385834_591272834438_209700102_32155251_1466557898_n.jpg  
Lee Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: limited to using only available lighting

depends on how finicky you want to be. For me, the light on the back way to the left seems to be causing a bit of flair on the wall but frankly depending on the context of the scene it might be fine and no one would really notice it. OTOH, it might be the cause of people going "oh no what did he do on that shot" although I honestly doubt that.
Doesn't really bother me but then I'm pretty laid back about stuff like that.
Old January 16th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #3
Major Player

Lee,

Nothing wrong ambient light. I love it. First I would have done a custom white balance. Anytime you have something that's really bright like your light on the wall, that's the first place your eye will go.

To solve this, I would have moved your talent that is in the left part of your frame further in (to the right).
That person would gobi out the bright area.

Jonathan
Jonathan Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Yeah I noticed about the white balance, thankfully the master shot is correct. If I color correct this shot would it help with the spill of the light?
Lee Tamer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management