Automated PC to DMX script at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old August 28th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Automated PC to DMX script

I'm producing a series of live events that utilize a handful of DMX scenes. I've also coded custom software that is to be used during the live events to power complex graphical overlays.

That's all working great. However now I'd like to link the two together, by having the software automatically trigger the corresponding DMX scenes based on the active graphical overlay.

Is this possible? Maybe there's DMX software that has built in API calls to switch the active scene?

If anyone knows how to do this, or someone who can, please let me know. I've budgeted money to hire someone to take care of this. It's just a matter of finding someone who can.

Hell, even if someone can point me to a different forum that may be more suitable.

Thanks!
Nathan DuMoulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Automated PC to DMX script

Update:

Solved! Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Nathan DuMoulin; August 29th, 2012 at 01:23 AM.
Nathan DuMoulin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management