Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old March 15th, 2007, 07:57 PM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Witzke View Post
looks great on my projector thru appletv
You have an Apple TV? According to reports I've seen, they have not yet shipped...

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/news...&cm_ite=NA

Quote:
Many Apple customers report that their credit cards are finally being charged for the product, a sign that the company just might meet its deadline of "mid-March."

Apple had indicated that TV orders would likely ship on March 20.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 06:05 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault View Post
As I recall, studio tungsten is 20 lumens per watt, so what would make HID 4 to 7 times as efficient? That's even better!
Should be, although I usually quote 3 times as efficient to be really conservative. That's okay--I'll still take it at 3 times. I'm evaluating a 150w cermamic metal halide par fixture right now for my company to sell in 5200K color temp and it is one bright lamp with the reflector and strange lens thats on it now. Hard to look at it when it's on. CRI is 85 and is more than acceptable but I can do better than that if I want. We're also thinking about putting a 575w in the same package too. We'd need a bigger fixture for a 1200w though but have a 1200w ballast and bulb on order to try out also. That should be a LOT of light!
Richard Andrewski - Cool Lights USA - RED #114
http://www.coollights.biz
Richard Andrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 07:35 AM   #18
Major Player

oops... sorry I meant to say macbook not appletv..... Although I did order one in jan.... so I must think I already have one... hehe .... wish it would get here!

I use the macbook with frontrow and play 720p files from my macpro as "shared" in the movies folder of itunes..... pretty much like the appletv.

maybe that's why the slip..... cause I feel like I'm already there.

I only use my macbook for location shoots, so it's hooked up to the projector most of the time. By the way.... this mitsu HD1000U dlp projector is stunning..... I'm beaming 120" across, sitting 15' from the screen.... 720p from dishHD and h264 .mov's are incredible. This is my 4th projector in 5 years.... starting out with the infocas x1. for the 1st time, I'm really happy and not feeling the upgradeidis! I am eating way to much popcorn though!
Christopher Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #19
Trustee

Is there a link to this light anywhere?
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 05:51 AM   #20
Major Player

http://auctions.samsclub.com/Scripts...LotNo=78673281

do a search for "hid" and it will show you current auctions..... at the non auction sams site, they are $98

I picked up 3 more..... lighting up the moon with a batman logo!
Christopher Witz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management