Private Classifieds listings from 2006 - Page 196 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old July 23rd, 2006, 01:25 PM   #2926
Regular Crew

Hey John,

Do you know where I can find specs on the Opteron 250? I was under the impression that the 250 was a single core CPU.
Achtung! Das camera ist nicht fur der fingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und popencorken mit spitzen sparken. Das camera ist diggen by experten only. Ist nicht fur gerwerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen das cottenpiken hands in das pockets. Relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 02:00 PM   #2927
Wrangler

Thanks Mike. As you know, there are several flavors of AB UL2 so I was curious as to what length cable and if it is power tap or not. At this point $150 sounds good.

I'll continue the discussion via PM.

regards,

-gb-
Old July 23rd, 2006, 02:56 PM   #2928
Major Player

Sounds good Greg, my email is AEMIKEA at hotmail dot com

mike
Old July 23rd, 2006, 03:50 PM   #2929
Major Player

250 Opteron

Chris, the 250 is a single core Opteron processor. The HP xw9300 will use 2 single core or 2 dual core processors. If you use 2 dual core processors you will actually have 4 individual processors. I am using a xw9300 with 2 dual core 280 Opterons and it screams.

Hope this helps.

FYI, you can buy AMD dual core Opteron processors for as little as $425.00 each for 270s. 285s are the fastest available and they currently sell for about $1100.00 each.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 03:53 PM   #2930
Major Player

info on 250

Chris, you can find info on all AMD processors at www.amd.com
Old July 23rd, 2006, 04:26 PM   #2931
Major Player

Knowledge of AMD processors

Chris, just out of curiousity I took a look at your profile here at DVinfo.net and found your website url, http://www.proteandigital.net/.

After going to your website and looking at the services you offer I am amazed that you did not know that the 250 is a single core processor.

To quote a sentence from your website "We support all your computer repair and IT related needs, ..."

Kind of makes you wonder?
Old July 23rd, 2006, 04:34 PM   #2932
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Inman
Chris, just out of curiousity I took a look at your profile here at DVinfo.net and found your website url, http://www.proteandigital.net/.

After going to your website and looking at the services you offer I am amazed that you did not know that the 250 is a single core processor.

To quote a sentence from your website "We support all your computer repair and IT related needs, ..."

Kind of makes you wonder?
Your ad says xw9300 Dual Core Opteron Workstation. I understand now that you meant it is Dual Core Opteron capable. When I posted that I thought you were saying that the included 250 was dual core and I thought that was a little odd - I thought maybe a new model with the same number became available that I hadn't heard of ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Owen
Do you know where I can find specs on the Opteron 250? I was under the impression that the 250 was a single core CPU.
Thus, the reason I asked if you had a link to it.
Achtung! Das camera ist nicht fur der fingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und popencorken mit spitzen sparken. Das camera ist diggen by experten only. Ist nicht fur gerwerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen das cottenpiken hands in das pockets. Relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 04:41 PM   #2933
Regular Crew

Incedentally, I was looking at your ad as I am seriously debating replacing my Dual Xeon setup, or keeping it and getting a nice laptop - too bad I can't do both right now. Decisions, decisions, decisions ... :P
Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:09 PM   #2934
Regular Crew

is this still available?
Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:42 PM   #2935
Major Player

Posting Error

I am truly sorry if anyone on this forum feels that I intentionally misrepresented this system. Since I cannot edit the original title I am withdrawing my offer to sell this machine on this forum at this time.

Thanks for your interest.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:49 PM   #2936
Regular Crew

Don't do that ... I misinterpreted what you wrote. Sometimes I don't take enough time to carefully read through everything. Your ad is clear when read, and a VERY good deal, I might add.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:57 PM   #2937
Major Player

Thanks

Thanks for your kind words Chris.

If anyone is truly interested in this system just contact me privately at my email address in the original listing.

I am probably going to auction with it this week.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:57 PM   #2938
Major Player

Sent email regarding price list.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:59 PM   #2939
Major Player

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, been busy. No the guy told me they had been having issues with the D2 series. So I asked him why they didn't test the card before selling it, to which he responded "The card is made for professionals, no professionals use Lacie, they are a very consumer oriented company." Which I found strange, because few, if any consumers have any need for FW800, so why would a 'consumer oriented company like Lacie' make firewire 800 and eSATA drives? Anyone else on DVINFO think Lacie is for consumers? I found the whole situation very strange.

I've emailed the company twice now since they told me they would send me an email giving me the information to return the card, but still no response...if anyone else wants to buy the card, give me an email because at this point I doubt this company (akumen.com/nitroav.com) will ever contact me back... :(
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:11 PM   #2940
Major Player

How much are you selling it for? I amy still be possibly interested as I may be getting an external FW800 notebook size drive ...

If the price is right, I'll take it off your hands ...
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds