Private Classifieds listings from 2006 - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds

Private Classifieds
For *individuals* to sell gear or post want-to-buy inquiries.

Closed Thread

Old January 10th, 2006, 09:33 AM   #106
Regular Crew

Hi Andy,

I'd be interested in this, but have a few questions:

1. I have a GL2 with wide angle adapter (WD58), case, power adapter, and a few batteries. Assuming you're not looking for an even trade, how much extra cash are you looking for?

3. You previously posted: "I currently own a Canon XL1S which tragically had to be sent in for warrantied repair last week. (it's ok, they sent me an FX-1 to play with while it's being repaired!)". - What happened to the camera, and what repairs were done to it?

Thanks,
Ryan Graham
Old January 10th, 2006, 09:36 AM   #107
Regular Crew

Item is sold.
Old January 10th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #108
Trustee

Hi Andy,

I have a GL2 purchased new in June. It's been used for two weddings and a church program. I have the box, all standard accessories, all docs and packaging. It has not been used as a deck (I have another dv camera for that) and is in perfect condition.

I'm also interested to hear how much extra you'd like.
Old January 10th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #109
Still Motion

Reducing the prices on some of these items.

PD150 now at $2150 CDN or $1840US

VX2000 now at $1900 CDN or $1600US with beachtech DXA-4 adapter.

Sennheiser ME66/K6 at $500 CDN or $430 US

Sony 0.7 58mm wide angle lens & LSF-SF8 lens hood at $200CDN or $175US

I prefer email to discuss any of these items (over posting here or a PM) and have no problem giving out my home number to speed up the process and make both parties comfortable.
Old January 10th, 2006, 10:37 AM   #110
Regular Crew

Repair

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for the question.

When I bought the camera I was having the same problem a lot of XL1 and XL1S users had. The camera would eat tapes when rewinding.

The camera was under warranty (and I think it still is) so I sent the camera back to have the tape mechanism replaced.

They also cleaned and re-aligned the heads so the camera is basically brand new inside.

As far as price, I am open to offers. The XL1S is a lot more camera so a straight up trade is not possible.

I am a reasonable guy so throw me your best offer.

Thanks,

...Andy
Old January 10th, 2006, 11:01 AM   #111
Major Player

thanks for the quote andrew :).

i don't know if any of the monitors listed are suitable for critical focusing. all have low horizontal resolutions, and i think they're more appropriate for framing than anything else.

sale is pending on the marshall monitor.
Old January 10th, 2006, 04:11 PM   #112
Major Player

A month???

Does anyon has Dan's payment information?
Old January 10th, 2006, 04:20 PM   #113
Trustee

$125 shipped in the US... GREAT DEAL!!!!!!!!!! The wife wants it gone! LOL

ash =o)
Old January 10th, 2006, 08:10 PM   #114
Regular Crew

Bag Has Been Sold
Old January 10th, 2006, 09:23 PM   #115
Trustee

I snuck into another thread that I have access to some long carbon fiber tubes (hollow cylinders) that I believe are 15mm in diameter. These appear to be exactly the same as used in rod support systems.

I am building my own system because I wanted something long enough to also use as a shoulder brace and 12v battery holder. I also want a secure mount for my lcd monitor that is farther away from my eyes than the mic shoe on the camera. This requires rods that are at least 24" long. I also want my system to be able to go in airplanes luggage easily, so I measured my duffel/sports bag I use as luggage and have decided on 26" as the length for my rods. A system large enough for all this would cost at least $500 which I don't have.

I went to a local fiberglass supplier that mostly carries stuff for surf boards and boats (I live in Honolulu). They have these rods that measure under 5/8" in diameter. Precisely measured on a fractional measuring tape they come in at barely over 19/32". I did the math and realised that they are likely exactly 15mm in diameter. If they aren't exact, they are off by about the thickness of a sheet of paper. They are also, as one would expect from carbon, very light and strong. Their black color is also appealing for use with video equipment.

If anyone is interested, I could probably get several of these and ship them to people. I don't want to do this as a business, but I know how hard it is to get these rods in decent lengths. If there is an interest, I might take some orders. The rods are 42" long, but might need to be cut down to around 36" to fit in affordable shipping packages. Heck, cut in half, two 21" tubes for under $20 shipped is a bargain. After I cut my rods down, I'll have two 16" leftovers if anyone is interested in those for the price of shipping and a cardboard box. Shipping for these all should fall within the ~$4 cost of USPS Priority Mail and I wouldn't gouge anyone that wanted a few rods since the shipping would be the same.

If anyone is interested, I'll give the place a call and see if they still have a bunch available. Sorry, they are local and don't have online ordering.
Old January 10th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #116
Regular Crew

equalsss

5/8 equals 15.875mm

it depends upon if you want to stretch out all of your other connections....
Old January 10th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #117
Inner Circle

Canon XL1s and other accessories for sale

Updating the list of Canon equipment I'm selling.

I almost sold this camera but the buyer had an unexpected expense pop up so it's on the block again.

Canon XL1s with standard auto IS II lens and standard shoulder pad. Just back from Canon service with new drum and heads and complete checkout. With 2 BP-941 batteries and 1 BP-945 battery. 2 AC chargers. 1 12-volt car charger. Remote control. Very good condition. $1600.

Century 0.7x wide angle adapter for the 16x manual Canon lens, $400.

Porta Brace rain cover. Great weather protection, $100.

Kata XL1 case (CCC 10 compact case). It's able to hold a Canon XL1s with MA100 and a matte box. This bag fits nicely in an airliner's overhead compartment. $120.

Dean Sensui
dean@HawaiiGoesFishing.com
www.HawaiiGoesFishing
808-265-8875
Old January 10th, 2006, 11:32 PM   #118
Inner Circle

19/32" equals 0.59375" or 15.08125 mm.

It would be best to measure the rods with a veriner caliper to get an accurate measurement of their diameter.

Sounds darn close, tho!
Old January 10th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #119
Major Player

Email sent
Old January 11th, 2006, 01:11 AM   #120
Regular Crew

Looking to buy Apple Motion 1.0

I am looking to purchase a copy of Motion 1.0, not 2.0. If anyone knows where I can find Motion 1.0 or would be willing to sell me Motion 1.0, I would appreciate it.

Here is the rant- I cannot believe that not even 1 copy of Motion 1.0 is available on the internet. Apple has really turned me off on the fact that as soon as the new version comes out, the old one vanishes completely. So, if anyone has a copy that they would like to sell, I would like to talk to you.

Thank you
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Private Classifieds