DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Private Classifieds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-classifieds/)
-   -   Private Classifieds listings from 2007 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-classifieds/59142-private-classifieds-listings-2007-a.html)

Jonathan Bufkin December 22nd, 2007 02:42 PM

I purchased the varizoom lens controller from Jamie. He shipped it fast and it was in great condition. Using it today as matter of fact. Thanks Jamie.

John Benton December 22nd, 2007 03:49 PM

standard 15mm rods?
Pm sent

Oleg Kalyan December 22nd, 2007 04:06 PM

My email is powernow@mail.ru
I will be in Los Angeles around January 8 for couple of weeks, please let me know if you can wait, Oleg.

Michael Stewart December 22nd, 2007 04:24 PM

No problem I can wait. Did you receive the photos?

Cheers
Mike

Michael Stewart December 22nd, 2007 04:27 PM

Any offers?

Mike

Michael Galvan December 22nd, 2007 08:58 PM

FS: Canon XL-H1 with many extras

As much as I don't want to do this, I am again considering to sell my XL-H1. I'm really only considering it now only because I have another camera (Sony XDCAM EX) that I can use on gigs and such, so I don't need 2 cameras right now.

I bought the XL-H1 for a feature that I am going to do, and to tell you the truth, I still like this camera better than the Sony EX1. But now that I am estimating a production schedule around fall 2008, I think I should sell it now and then evaluate what to buy when the time of production is near - hopefully an XL-H2 is out then :) - (plus I'll have the budget too).

So I'm seeing who would be interested in purchasing it. I have the following:

XL-H1 w/all original accessories
Canon Dual Battery Charger (which can mount on the back of the XL)
2 Extra 970 batteries
Portabrace CTC-3 carry case
Vocas/Century Optics baseplate, rails & Mattebox

Let me know if you are interested. You can see some pictures of it in use on my website as well as some of the things I've shot with it. It is in excellent working condition, and cosmetically in very good shape as well.

If you've read my posts on this forum, you know that I am a huge fan of the XL cameras and I really do love this camera. But logic is telling me to sell now and repurchase before I really need it (especially if they update the camera around that time).

But since I like this camera so much, I'm in no hurry nor am I in need to sell, but do let me know if you are interested.

I'm looking for $6500 for everything. I think that's a great deal. If you're interested, I'll send the camera into Canon for a full factory check and cleanup before you purchase as well.

Leo Zheng December 22nd, 2007 11:16 PM

Sold

Sold. Thanks.

Jamie Baughman December 23rd, 2007 01:01 AM

Thanks!

Thanks Jonathan! Great to hear that you're already using it. Did you get the replacement wingnut from Varizoom? Have a great Holiday!

Oleg Kalyan December 23rd, 2007 03:51 AM

Thank you, received photos, do you have a photo of a system being on a person?

Charles Papert December 23rd, 2007 04:17 AM

Try here, or just do a Google image search under Steadicam SK.

Oleg Kalyan December 23rd, 2007 07:59 AM

Thank you, got it.

Is it Pal or NTSC, or is it dual system?

Oleg Kalyan December 23rd, 2007 08:12 AM

Charles, looked at your site, wow, great work in sine incredible projects,
who's your favorite director you've worked with?
Which stedicam you use in your work?
Appreciate!

Michael Stewart December 23rd, 2007 08:51 AM

Not sure if it is dual, I am NTSC. Charles may know? just remember that the link to the picture Charles gave you is a single not a dual arm (like the picture I sent you). If you want to check out some of Charles' Steadicam (and other Masters) try www.Steadishots.org

Cheers
Mike

Bill Ravens December 23rd, 2007 09:51 AM

I'd really like to get this off my shelf.
$500.

Charles Papert December 23rd, 2007 11:46 AM

Sorry Michael, didn't read from the beginning to learn that you had your arm upgraded by Robert (folks, he is THE MAN when it comes to Steadicam brand arms so you know that if he's done the work, it's done right) That's a good setup for an SK, that single section arm was a head-scratcher for sure (used one a few times back in the '90s).